2008 New Mexico Senate Debate between Tom Udall & Steve Pearce
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2008 New Mexico Senate Debate between Tom Udall & Steve Pearce (number of quotes indicated):
- Steve Pearce (9)
- Tom Udall (10)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Tom Udall: Pushed for years on wage gap between men and women.
Steve Pearce: Less regulation on businesses.
Tom Udall: Opposes tax subsidies that favor large corporations.
Tom Udall: No Child Left Behind Act has hurt student achievement.
Energy & Oil|
Steve Pearce: Set aside 6.4M acres in New Mexico for solar panels.
Tom Udall: Supports solar energy with heart & soul.
Steve Pearce: More domestic oil production & more nuclear power.
Tom Udall: Supports renewable electricity standard for public utilities.
Steve Pearce: Pay contractors on time; reforms to contract smaller firms.
Steve Pearce: Safety is an issue for reimporting drugs.
Tom Udall: Allow drug reimportation & negotiation with drug companies.
Steve Pearce: Allow small businesses to group together for health plans.
Tom Udall: Goal should be universal access for everyone.
Steve Pearce: Supports path to legalization for illegal immigrants.
Tom Udall: Reject legalization for anyone here illegally.
Steve Pearce: We must improve the rates of return on Trust Fund.
Tom Udall: Privatization of Social Security is a very bad idea.
War & Peace|
Steve Pearce: If Iraq falls, so will other moderate regimes in the region.
Tom Udall: Time to start working on a troop pullout.
The above quotations are from 2008 New Mexico Senate Debate between Tom Udall & Steve Pearce.
Other 2008 Senate debates:
- Interviews with Senate candidates (OnTheIssues SenateMatch series)
- Senior Citizens League Guide (Senate questionnaire on retirement topics)
- Scientists and Engineers for America Guide (Senate questionnaire on science & technology topics)
- Business Industry Political Action Committee (Senate questionnaire on business topics)
- Political Courage Test (Senate questionnaire on general topics)
- Citizens for Global Solutions (Senate questionnaire on international topics)
- This Is Not Florida How Al Franken Won the Minnesota Senate Recount,by Jay Weiner
- The Truth (With Jokes), by Al Franken (2006)
- AK: Sen. Ted Stevens (R, incumbent) vs. Mayor Mark Begich (D)
- AL: Sen. Jeff Sessions (R, incumbent) vs. State Sen. Vivian Figures (D)
- CO: Rep. Mark Udall (D) vs. Rep. Bob Schaeffer (R)
- GA: Georgia Democratic primary debate
- IA: Sen. Tom Harkin (D, incumbent) vs. Christopher Reed (R)
- ID: Gov. Jim Risch (R) vs. Rep. Larry LaRocco (D) vs. Rex Rammell (I)
- IL: Sen. Dick Durbin (D, incumbent) vs. Dr. Steven Sauerberg (R)
- KS: Sen. Pat Roberts (R, incumbent) vs. Rep. Jim Slattery (D)
- KY: Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, incumbent) vs. Bruce Lunsford (D)
- LA: Sen. Mary Landrieu (D, incumbent) vs. John Neely Kennedy (R)
- MA: Sen. John Kerry (D, incumbent) vs. Jeff Beatty (R)
- ME: Sen. Susan Collins (R, incumbent) vs. Rep. Tom Allen (D)
- MN: Sen. Norm Coleman (R, incumbent) vs. Al Franken (D) & Sen. Dean Barkley (I)
- MS: Sen. Roger Wicker (R, incumbent) vs. Gov. Ronnie Musgrove (D)
- NC: Sen. Liddy Dole (R) vs. State Sen. Kay Hagan (D)
- NE: Gov. Mike Johanns (R) vs. Scott Kleeb (D)
- NE: Nebraska's Brand of Change, by Scott Kleeb
- NH: Sen. John Sununu (R, incumbent) vs. Gov. Jeanne Shaheen
- NJ: Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D, incumbent) vs. Rep. Dick Zimmer (R)
- NM: Rep. Steve Pearce (R) vs. Rep. Tom Udall (D)
- OK: Sen. Jim Inhofe (R, incumbent) vs. State Sen. Andrew Rice (D)
- OR: Sen. Gordon Smith (R, incumbent) vs. State Rep. Jeff Merkley (D)
- SD: Sen. Tim Johnson (D, incumbent) vs. Joel Dykstra (R)
- TX: Sen. Jon Cornyn (R, incumbent) vs. Rick Noriega (D)
- VA: Gov. Jim Gilmore (R) and vs. Gov. Mark Warner (D)
Page last edited: Jan 16, 2013