ABC coverage of 2010 Senate races
Interviews and hosted debates
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from ABC coverage of 2010 Senate races (number of quotes indicated):
- Alexi Giannoulias (4) 2010 Democratic Senate Challenger; currently State Treasurer Illinois
- David Vitter (1) Republican Jr Senator; previously Representative Louisiana
- Jack Conway (1) 2010 Democratic Senate Challenger; formerly Attorney General Kentucky
- Ken Buck (1) Republican Challenger (2010) Colorado
- Mark Kirk (4) Republican Jr Senator Illinois
- Michael Bennet (1) Democratic Jr Senator Colorado
- Rand Paul (1) Republican Jr Senator Kentucky
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Interviews and debates, in the 2010 Senate race, by ABC News:
- Oct. 19: ABC News transcript: Illinois Senate debate; Alexi Giannoulias and Rep. Mark Kirk,
moderated by George Stephanopoulos.
- Oct. 15: Colorado Senatorial and Gubernatorial debates hosted by ABC's Denver affiliate KMGH-TV. ABC News' Jake Tapper moderate the debate between Senate candidates Michael Bennet (D) and Ken Buck (R).
- Oct. 15: NY Senate debate; Rep. Gillibrand vs. Rep. DioGuardi; in New York City for a debate to be televised on WABC.
- Oct. 20: Pennsylvania Senate debate between Joe Sestak (D) and Pat Toomey (R) moderated by George Stephanopoulos and ABC's Philadelphia station WPVI-TV6.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Mark Kirk: No bailout for irresponsible decisions by state of Illinois.
Mark Kirk: Proudly voted for TARP; but against stimulus funds.
Energy & Oil|
Alexi Giannoulias: Clean energy future for national security & job creation.
Mark Kirk: Stimulus should've funded Mississippi dams & O'Hare projects.
Alexi Giannoulias: I streamlined & cut Treasurer's Office staff by 17%.
David Vitter: TV ad: Melancon puts out a welcome sign for illegal aliens.
Alexi Giannoulias: Losing job is more than just a paycheck; it affects morale.
Principles & Values|
Alexi Giannoulias: I told the truth about my mistakes; my opponent has not.
Mark Kirk: I've owned up to my mistakes; my opponent has not.
Ken Buck: I will not swear allegiance to the Republican party.
Jack Conway: Pledges to not scale back program nor raise retirement age.
Rand Paul: I've never challenged constitutionality of Social Security.
Michael Bennet: Open to compromise on temporarily extending Bush tax cuts.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Alexi Giannoulias 2010 Democratic Senate Challenger; currently State Treasurer Illinois
- David Vitter Republican Jr Senator; previously Representative Louisiana
- Jack Conway 2010 Democratic Senate Challenger; formerly Attorney General Kentucky
- Ken Buck Republican Challenger (2010) Colorado
- Mark Kirk Republican Jr Senator Illinois
- Michael Bennet Democratic Jr Senator Colorado
- Rand Paul Republican Jr Senator Kentucky
The above quotations are from ABC coverage of 2010 Senate races
Interviews and hosted debates.
Page last edited: Dec 03, 2012