State of South Dakota Archives: on Abortion
Human life begins at conception
Question topic: Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
Daugaard: Strongly Agree
Source: Faith2Action iVoterGuide on 2014 S.D. Gubernatorial campaign
Sep 28, 2014
Life is a child's right; this led me into politics
Q: Do you support or oppose the statement, "Abortion is a woman's unrestricted right"?
A: Strongly oppose - Life is a child's right. Mike Rounds' veto of the first abortion ban in South Dakota is what led me into politics.
Source: E-mail interview: 2014 S.D. Senate race with OnTheIssues.org
Sep 18, 2014
Leader for life both in and out of the political arena
Gordon doesn't just SAY he is Pro Life, he LIVES it!
Gordon Howie record on Life:Gordon has been an outspoken leader for life both in and out of the political arena. There has never been a pro-life, pro-family bill he has not supported.
Source: 2014 S.D. Senate campaign website, GordonHowieForSenate.com
Aug 23, 2014
- Founding board member of the South Dakota Family Policy Council, supporting efforts to keep Planned Parenthood out of South Dakota and stop abortion.
- Serves as
President of the Board of Care Net Pregnancy Resource Center in Rapid City.
- Pro Life Legislative Record (Bills Sponsored):
- 2006 HB 1198: define the applicable standard of care in regard to screening of risk factors for all abortions except in the
case of a medical emergency.
- 2009 SB 92: require the physical presence of any physician scheduled to perform an abortion at the site of the abortion procedure on the day prior to the abortion procedure.
- 2010 SB 137: nullify certain federal health
care laws within South Dakota. Opposed the implementation of taxpayer funded abortions.
Page last updated: Feb 13, 2018