Hometown: Crawford, Texas
- Formed his own oil business, Arbusto Corp., in 1977 ('arbusto' is Spanis
- Elected Governor in 1994 and re-elected in 1998.
- Aide to former President Bush (1987-92)
- Unsuccessful run for Congress in 1978, after which is distanced himself more from his father politically.
- Educated at Midland public schools and then Andover Prep School.
- B.A. in History, Yale University (1968).
- M.B.A., Harvard Business School (1975).
Birth: Jul 6, 1946,
- Raised in Midland, a boom-and-bust oil town in the dusty Texas plains.
- Younger sister Robin died of leukemia when George was 7 years old.
- Married Laura Welch, a librarian who grew up in Midland, in 1977.
- Twin daughters - Jenna and Barbara, 16.
- They reside with their dog, Spot, and their two cats, India and Cowboy.
President Bush is a Methodist and has served on the boards of various charitable, business, and civic organizations.
Texas Air National Guard, F-102 fighter pilot, 1968-73.
For further information: Wikipedia article
Further contact information for Jimmy Carter:
- Amazon: An Hour Before Daylight. by President Jimmy Carter:
- Amazon: As Good As Its People, by Jimmy Carter:
- Amazon: How Jimmy Won, by Kandy Stroud:
- Amazon: Jimmy Who?, by Leslie Wheeler:
- Amazon: Keeping Faith, by Jimmy Carter:
- Amazon: Our Endangered Values, by Jimmy Carter:
- Excerpts: An Hour Before Daylight. by President Jimmy Carter:
- Excerpts: As Good As Its People, by Jimmy Carter:
- Excerpts: How Jimmy Won, by Kandy Stroud:
- Excerpts: Jimmy Who?, by Leslie Wheeler:
- Excerpts: Keeping Faith, by Jimmy Carter:
- Excerpts: Our Endangered Values, by Jimmy Carter:
OnTheIssues.org is a reporting service dedicated to providing coverage on the issues.
OnTheIssues.org has no contact with candidate campaigns.
All available contact information is provided above