Alan Grayson on War & Peace
Made his name fighting against contractor fraud in Iraq
Grayson sees no problem in voting to cut Medicare benefits or to spend the US into a huge deficit. He votes with his party leaders 98% of the time and loyally supported ObamaCare, the stimulus package, regulation of the financial industry, and raising
the debt limit. He supports federal funding of abortions.
He made his name fighting against contractor fraud in Iraq. As we noted in "Outrage", he deserves credit for his whistle-blowing efforts. Too bad he's done nothing good since!
Source: Take Back America, by Dick Morris, p.210-211
, Apr 13, 2010
The War in Iraq has not made us safer
Alan favors ending the War in Iraq as quickly as possible, because:
Source: 2008 House campaign website graysonforcongress.com, “Issues”
, Nov 4, 2008
- The War in Iraq has not made us safer. It has made us less safe. It has given terrorists 4 years of on-the-job training on how to attack US forces. It has inflamed anti-Americanis
not only among Muslims.
- The Iraqis want us to leave.
- There never was any reason to occupy Iraq in the first place.
- The war has been horribly mismanaged.
- The consequences of leaving aren’t nearly as bad as the consequences of staying.
Sanctions on Iran to end nuclear program.
Grayson signed Iran Refined Petroleum Sanctions Act
Expresses the sense of Congress that:
- diplomatic efforts to address Iran's illicit nuclear efforts, unconventional and ballistic missile development programs, and support for international terrorism are more likely to be effective if the President is empowered with explicit authority to impose additional sanctions on the government of Iran;
- US concerns regarding Iran are strictly the result of that government's actions; and
- the people of the United States have feelings of friendship for the people of Iran and regret that developments in recent decades have created impediments to that friendship.
States that it should be US policy to:
- support international diplomatic efforts to end Iran's uranium enrichment program and its nuclear weapons program;
- encourage foreign governments to direct state-owned and private entities to cease all investment in, and support of, Iran's energy sector and all exports of refined petroleum products to Iran;
- impose sanctions
on the Central Bank of Iran and any other Iranian financial institution engaged in proliferation activities or support of terrorist groups; and
- work with allies to protect the international financial system from deceptive and illicit practices by Iranian financial institutions involved in proliferation activities or support of terrorist groups.
Source: S.908&HR.2194 2009-S908 on Apr 30, 2009
- Amends the Iran Sanctions Act of 1996 to direct the President to impose sanctions if a person has made an investment of $20 million or more (or any combination of investments of at least $5 million which in the aggregate equals or exceeds $20 million in any 12-month period) that directly and significantly contributed to Iran's ability to develop its petroleum resources. (Under current law the sanction thresholds are $40 million, $10 million, and $40 million, respectively.)
- Establishes additional sanctions prohibiting specified foreign exchange, banking, and property transactions.
- Includes refined petroleum resources.
2012 Governor, House and Senate candidates on War & Peace:
Alan Grayson on other issues:
Connie Mack IV
Lame-duck session 2012:
KY-4: Thomas Massie(R)
NJ-9: Donald Payne Jr.(D)
WA-1: Suzan DelBene(D)
Re-seated Former Reps:
AZ-1: Ann Kirkpatrick(D)
AZ-5: Matt Salmon(R)
FL-8: Alan Grayson(D)
NH-1: Carol Shea-Porter(D)
NV-3: Dina Titus(D)
2013 Resignations and Replacements:
IL-2:Jesse Louis Jackson(D,resigned)
MO-8:Jo Ann Emerson(R,resigned)
AZ-9: Kyrsten Sinema
CA-2: Jared Huffman
CA-7: Ami Bera
CA-35:Gloria Negrete McLeod
CT-5: Elizabeth Esty
HI-2: Tulsi Gabbard
IL-8: Tammy Duckworth
MD-6: John Delaney
MA-4: Joe Kennedy III
MI-5: Dan Kildee
MN-8: Rick Nolan
NV-4: Steven Horsford
NH-2: Annie Kuster
NM-1: Michelle Lujan-Grisham
NY-5: Grace Meng
WA-6: Derek Kilmer
WI-2: Mark Pocan
AR-4: Tom Cotton
CA-1: Doug LaMalfa
FL-3: Ted Yoho
FL-6: Ron DeSantis
GA-9: Doug Collins
IN-2: Jackie Walorski
IN-5: Susan Brooks
IN-6: Luke Messer
KY-6: Andy Barr
MO-2: Ann Wagner
MT-0: Steve Daines
NC-8: Richard Hudson
NC-9: Robert Pittenger
ND-0: Kevin Cramer
OH-2: Brad Wenstrup
OK-1: Jim Bridenstine
OK-2: Markwayne Mullin
PA-4: Scott Perry
SC-7: Tom Rice
UT-2: Chris Stewart
Email Contact Form
Longworth HOB 1605, Washington, DC 20515
Page last updated: Apr 06, 2013