Mark Dayton on Families & Children
Democratic Governor; previously Senator
More funding for family leave & early childhood
Expand the Family Medical Leave Act: I would extend coverage to employees in businesses with 10 or more employees.
Source: www.MarkDaytonForMN.com , campaign web site
, Nov 7, 2000
- Expand the Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit: We should increase the credit to 50 percent for all working families.
Federal Funds for Programs like Minnesota’s Early Childhood Family Education
- Increase Federal Funding for Special Education
- Increase Funding for Head Start to ensure that all children who qualify can participate in this important program.
Economic rat race is the prime destroyer of families
Tragically, far too many Minnesotans are being forced to work menial jobs, in substandard conditions, for lousy wages, and with no benefits or security. Many are forced to work two or more of these jobs, trying to survive financially.
Too many working parents have too little time for their family and community activities. Those who profess concern for the American family should realize that the economic rat race is the prime destroyer of families.
Source: Campaign Central Survey
, Jul 2, 1998
Rated 0% by the Christian Coalition: an anti-Family-Value voting record.
Dayton scores 0% by the Christian Coalition on family issues
The Christian Coalition was founded in 1989 by Dr. Pat Robertson to give Christians a voice in government. We represent millions of people of faith and enable them to have a strong, unified voice in the conversation we call democracy.
Our Five-Fold Mission: Our ratings are based on the votes the organization considered most important; the numbers reflect the percentage of time the representative voted the organization's preferred position.
Source: CC website 03n-CC on Dec 31, 2003
- Represent the pro-family point of view before local councils, school boards, state legislatures, and Congress
- Speak out in the public arena and in the media
- Train leaders for effective social and political action
- Inform pro-family voters about timely issues and legislation
- Protest anti-Christian bigotry and defend the rights of people of faith.
Page last updated: Jul 20, 2017