Pat McCrory on Gun Control
Rated 93% by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun rights voting record.
McCrory scores 93% by NRA on pro-gun rights policies
While widely recognized today as a major political force and as America's foremost defender of Second Amendment rights, the National Rifle Association (NRA) has, since its inception, been the premier firearms education organization in the world. But our successes would not be possible without the tireless efforts and countless hours of service our nearly three million members have given to champion Second Amendment rights and support NRA programs.
The following ratings are based on lifetime voting records on gun issues and the results of a questionaire sent to all Congressional candidates; the NRA assigned a letter grade (with A+ being the highest and F being the lowest).
What the Grades Mean:
Source: NRA website 10-NRA on Aug 11, 2010
- A+: A legislator with not only an excellent voting record on all critical NRA issues, but who has also made a vigorous effort to promote and defend the Second Amendment.
- A: Solidly pro-gun candidate including voting record.
- AQ: A pro-gun candidate whose rating is based solely on the NRA-PVF Candidate Questionnaire and who does not have a voting record.
- B: A generally pro-gun candidate; may have opposed some pro-gun reform in the past.
- C: A candidate with a mixed record or positions on gun related issues, who may oppose some pro-gun positions.
- D: An anti-gun candidate who usually supports restrictive gun control legislation. Regardless of public statements, can usually be counted on to vote wrong on key issues.
- F: True enemy of gun owners' rights. A consistent anti-gun candidate.
- ?: Refused to answer the NRA-PVF Candidate Questionnaire, often an indication of indifference, if not outright hostility, to gun owners' rights.
Page last updated: Jul 23, 2017