This page contains Congressional resolutions.
Resolutions indicate the topics that legislators care about, but cannot legislate about.
on Jul 25, 2000
Resolution: the Midwestern Governors' Conference resolution:
Source: Resolution of Midwestern Governors' Conf. on Meat Inspection
- WHEREAS, The federal Meat and Poultry Inspection Act prohibits the interstate shipment of state inspected meat and poultry products; and
- WHEREAS, Twenty-five states, including eight in the Midwest, have developed individual state inspection programs for plants which do not currently participate in the interstate shipment of meat and poultry products; and
- WHEREAS, Despite meeting federal requirements enforced through a state program, the lack of federal program approval prohibits these smaller state inspected plants from shipping beef, pork, poultry, sheep, lamb, or goat products in commerce across state lines; and
- WHEREAS, This restriction unfairly and severely limits the smaller plantsí marketing options, particularly in the burgeoning Internet market; and
- WHEREAS, The Midwestern Governors strongly support meat and poultry inspection plans that protect public health; now therefore be it
- RESOLVED, That the Midwestern Governors urge Congress to pass legislation that removes this unfair marketing barrier but continues to insure safe meat and poultry products.
- Topic: Budget & Economy
- Headline: Let state meat inspection suffice for interstate shipments
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 00-MGC3
||s1s||MO Democratic Senator (Former)|| |
||s1s||IN Former Democratic Governor (1997-2003)|| |
||s1s||KY Former Democrat Governor (1995-2003)|| |
||s1s||ND Former Democratic Governor (1992-2000); Cabinet Sec'y (USDA)|| |
||s1s||IA Former Democratic Governor (1994-2002); Cabinet Sec'y (USDA)|| |
participating in 00-MGC3
||s1s||MI Former Republican Governor (1991-2002)|| |
||s1s||KS Former Republican Governor (1995-2002)|| |
||s1s||SD00 Former Republican Governor (1979=1986 & 1995-2002)|| |
||s1s||NE Former Republican Governor (2005-2007); elected Senator 2008|| |
||s1s||IL Former Republican Governor (1999-2002)|| |
||s1s||OH Former Republican Governor (1999-2006)|| |
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: