This page contains Congressional resolutions.
Resolutions indicate the topics that legislators care about, but cannot legislate about.
Resolution: the New England Governors' Conference resolution:
Source: NEG/ECP Resolution 25-12: Energy / NICE
The Northeast International Committee on Energy (NICE) was established by the Conference of New England Governors and Eastern Canadian Premiers in 1978 to monitor and act upon common energy issues in the New England-/ Eastern Canadian region. In recent years, NICE has been paying particular attention to significant developments in the areas of electric restructuring, natural gas developments, and resource and infrastructure development. At the 25th Conference of New England Governors and Eastern Canadian Premiers held in Halifax, Nova Scotia in July 2000, Resolution 25-12 was adopted directing NICE to:
- continue to monitor developments in the energy markets;
- adopt a letter to then-Secretary Richardson of the U. S. Department of Energy (DOE) recommending that the DOE work with the NICE and states and provinces to maintain an open North American energy market and clarify the treatment of large-scale hydro-electric power under federal restructuring legislation;
- collaborate with the NEG/ECP Committee on the Environment, the Province of New Brunswick and the Premierís Round Table on Environment and Economy to conduct a workshop to examine global warming issues in our region, evaluate the conclusions of the workshop and present a recommended action plan to the 2001 annual meeting of the NEG/ECP;
- examine ways to encourage energy conservation, demand-side management programs, energy efficiency the development of new energy technologies;
- continue to define and develop a graphical computerized energy database for the region;
- report back on key jurisdictional energy issues in the region, including the regionís energy storage capacity and infrastructure.
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 13.
Question 13: Support & expand free trade
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Free Trade
- Headline: Develop an open North American energy market
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 00-NEGC12
||s1s||RI00 Former Republican Governor (1995-2002)|| |
||s1s||MA02 Former Republican Governor (1999-2001)|| |
||s1s||CT Former Republican Governor (1995-2004)|| |
participating in 00-NEGC12
||s1s||ME Former Independent Governor (1995-2002)|| |
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: