This page contains Congressional resolutions.
Resolutions indicate the topics that legislators care about, but cannot legislate about.
Resolution: the New England Governors' Conference resolution:
Source: NEG/ECP Resolution 26-5: Trade & Globalization
WHEREAS, a successful Knowledge Industry Innovatorsí Forum resulted in the identification of issues critical to the continued development of a knowledge economy in the Northeast; and WHEREAS, the Governorís Conference is desirous of working together, in cooperation with the business community, to promote economic growth, facilitate trade flows across borders, and identify future opportunities for trade development; NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the Conference of New England Governors and Eastern Canadian Premiers adopt the [work plan summarized here]:
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Standing Committee on Trade and Globalization seek appropriate resources to undertake a trade and infrastructure study for the region; and BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that [we commit to] continue working with innovators to profile the regionís knowledge economy sector, identify key public and private sector institutions in order to encourage the development of a strong, representative, regional network to assist Governors and Premiers in facilitating the continued development of a knowledge economy in the Northeast.
- Continue to focus on the development of strategies and initiatives that Premiers and Governors can undertake to grow the Northeast regionís knowledge economy.
- Monitor and discuss national and international trade policy, including NAFTA, WTO, and discussions regarding a free trade agreement of the Americas.
- Identification of border crossing impediments and strategies for addressing; including cross-border re-location of professionals, and businesses wishing to conduct business in both countries.
- Assess opportunities and challenges facing the Northeast energy sector.
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 13.
Question 13: Support & expand free trade
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Free Trade
- Headline: Foster globalization with New England & Eastern Canada
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 01-NEGC5
||s1s||RI00 Former Republican Governor (1995-2002)|| |
||s1s||CT Former Republican Governor (1995-2004)|| |
||s1s||MA02 Former Republican Governor (2001-2002)|| |
participating in 01-NEGC5
||s1s||ME Former Independent Governor (1995-2002)|| |
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: