This page contains bills sponsored by incumbent Senators who are running for re-election in 2008, plus House incumbents running for Senate in 2008.
Bill sponsorships indicate the topics that legislators are most interested in, and spend the most time on. These bills are selected as the "signature issue" that each legislator focused on.
Signature Legislation: including mental health services under Medicare
Source: Medicare Improvements for Patients & Providers Act (S.3101)
A bill to extend expiring provisions under the Medicare program, to improve beneficiary access to preventive and mental health services, to enhance low-income benefit programs, and to maintain access to care in rural areas, including pharmacy access.
- Provides for gradual elimination of co-payment rates for Medicare psychiatric services.
- Provides for application of a full low-income subsidy assets test under the Medicare Savings Program.
- Eliminates Medicare part D (Voluntary Prescription Drug Benefit Program) late enrollment penalties paid by subsidy-eligible individuals.
Authorizes awarding grants to states for increasing the delivery of mental health services or other health care services to meet the needs of veterans of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom living in rural areas.
- Legislative Outcome: Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008: Related bills: H.R.6212, H.R.6331; became Public Law 110-275 on 7/15/2008.
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 5.
Question 5: Expand ObamaCare
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Health Care
- Headline: Include mental health services under Medicare
- Headline 2: Include mental health services under Medicare
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 08-S3101
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: