This page contains bill sponsorships in the Senate and House.
Bill sponsorships indicate the topics that legislators are most interested in, and spend the most time on.
Source: Carbon Capture and Storage Early Deployment Act
Authorizes qualified industry organizations to conduct a referendum among utilities delivering fossil fuel-based electricity for the creation of a Carbon Storage Research Corporation to establish a program to accelerate the commercial availability of carbon dioxide capture and storage technologies and methods through the provision of contracts and financial assistance:
- Requires the Corporation, annually, to assess the relative carbon dioxide emission rates of different fossil fuel-based electricity for each utility.
- Sets initial rates of assessment for coal, natural gas, and oil.
- Authorizes the Corporation to adjust the assessments to reflect changes in the expected quantities of such electricity from different fuel types such that the assessments generate between $1.0 billion and $1.1 billion annually.
- Authorizes the Corporation to collect assessments and conduct operations for 10 years.
- Dissolves the Corporation after 15 years.
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 18.
Question 18: Replace coal & oil with alternatives
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Energy & Oil
- Headline: Establish a Carbon Storage Research Corporation
- Headline 2: Sponsored bill for Carbon Storage Research Corporation
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 09-HR1689
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: