This page contains bill sponsorships in the Senate and House.
Bill sponsorships indicate the topics that legislators are most interested in, and spend the most time on.
Source: DISCLOSE Act
Democracy is Strengthened by Casting Light on Spending in Elections Act or DISCLOSE Act: Amends the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 (FECA) to prohibit:
- independent expenditures and payments for electioneering communications by government contractors if the value of the contract is at least $10 million;
- recipients of assistance under the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) of the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 (EESA) from making any contribution to any political party, committee, or candidate for public office, or to any person for any political purpose; and
- persons who enter into negotiations for an oil or gas exploration, development, or production lease under the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act from making any contribution to any political party, or candidate for public office.
- Applies the ban on contributions and expenditures by foreign nationals to foreign-controlled domestic corporations.
Repeals the prohibition against contributions by individuals age 17 or younger.
- Promoting Effective Disclosure of Campaign-Related Activity: Requires any person making independent expenditures exceeding $10,000 to file a report electronically within 24 hours.
- Expanded Requirements for Corporations and Other Organizations: Requires corporations, labor organizations, tax-exempt charitable organizations, and political organizations other than political committees (covered organizations) to include specified additional information in reports on independent expenditures of at least $10,000, excluding amounts paid from separate segregated funds as well as amounts designated for specified campaign-related activities.
- Disclosure by Covered Organizations of Information on Campaign Related Activity: Requires covered organizations to disclose to shareholders, members, or donors information on disbursements for campaign-related activity.
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 16.
Question 16: Stricter limits on political campaign funds
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Government Reform
- Headline: DISCLOSE Act: ban political donations from Big Oil & TARP
- Headline 2: Sponsored DISCLOSE Act: ban political donations from Big Oil
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 10-HR5175
participating in 10-HR5175
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: