Error processing SSI file
Source: Earmark Transparency Act
- Establishes a free public searchable website, listing all requests by Members of Congress for congressionally directed spending items (congressional earmarks).
- Requires each congressional committee, within five calendar days of receipt of a request for a congressional earmark from a Member of Congress, to provide the initial information regarding that request that is required to be placed on the website.
- Makes it out of order to consider any legislation unless it meets the requirements of this Act.
The website shall be comprised of a database including the following information, in searchable format, for each earmark:
- The fiscal year in which the item would be funded.
- The number of the bill or joint resolution for which the request is made, if available.
- The amount of the initial request made by the Member of Congress.
- The amount approved by the committee of jurisdiction.
The amount carried in the bill or joint resolution (or accompanying report) as passed.
- The name of the department or agency, and the account or program, through which the item will be funded.
- The name and the State or district of the Member of Congress who made the request.
- The name and address of the intended recipient.
- The type of organization (public, private nonprofit, or private for profit entity) of the intended recipient.
- The project name, description, and estimated completion date.
- A justification of the benefit to taxpayers.
- Whether the request is for a continuing project and if so, when funds were first appropriated for such project.
- A description, if applicable, of all non-Federal sources of funding.
- Its current status in the legislative process
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 16.
Question 16: Stricter limits on political campaign funds
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Government Reform
- Headline: Require Internet disclosure of all earmarks
- Headline 2: Sponsored bill requiring Internet disclosure of earmarks
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 10-HR5258
||s1s||CA03 Former Initiator of Gubernatorial Recall (2003)|
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: