This page contains surveys of candidates conducted by organizations interested in the candidates' policy views.
Decided Sep 30, 2012
Political Group Survey: the PVS survey question on education reform
Source: Project Vote Smart
Project Vote Smart infers candidate issue stances on key topics by summarizing public speeches and public statements. Congressional candidates are given the opportunity to respond in detail; about 11% did so in the 2012 races.
Project Vote Smart summarizes candidate stances on the following topic: 'Education: Do you support requiring states to implement education reforms in order to be eligible for competitive federal grants?'
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 7.
Question 7: Parents choose schools via vouchers
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Education
- Headline: Supports federal grants for education reforms
- Headline 2: Opposes federal grants for education reforms
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 12-PVS-q7
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: