This page contains Congressional resolutions.
Resolutions indicate the topics that legislators care about, but cannot legislate about.
Resolution: the New England Governors' Conference resolution:
Source: NEG/ECP Resolution 23-7: Economic Cooperation
- WHEREAS the Conference of New England Governors and Eastern Canadian Premiers (NEG/ECP) think it would be desirable to intensify the process of trade liberalization within the region;
- WHEREAS, the majority of participants in the Forum expressed the wish that there be more cooperation between governments in the region;
- WHEREAS the majority of participants in the Forum think that governments should facilitate greater collaboration between boards of trade and business associations within the region;
- WHEREAS the governments agree that business associations are key partners to promote economic integration within the region;
- NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Conference of New England Governors and Eastern Canadian Premiers
adopt the report from the Northeastern Business Forum
- THAT the Conference bring to the attention of the federal authorities of Canada and the United States of America the concerns expressed during the Forum, particularly with regard to these irritants:
- customs procedures for goods
- temporary entry for business people
- harmonization of regulations, licensing and intellectual property rights
- THAT the members of the Conference identify business associations able to promote the development of a regional regrouping;
- THAT this new regional regrouping of business people will direct its actions primarily on the basis of the report of the Northeastern Business Forum;
- THAT a forum of government officials and representatives from the business sector convene a meeting in Québec in 1999 with a view to developing the information highway and electronic commerce within the region.
- Topic: Free Trade
- Headline: More business cooperation between New England & East Canada
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 98-NEGC7
||s1s||RI00 Former Republican Governor (1995-2002)|
||s1s||MA02 Former Republican Governor (1999-2001)|
||s1s||CT Former Republican Governor (1995-2004)|
participating in 98-NEGC7
||s1s||ME Former Independent Governor (1995-2002)|
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: