This page contains excerpts from government reports, signed by elected officials.
on Jul 15, 1999
Report: the Women's Caucus policy agenda:
Source: Women's Caucus Agenda-106th Congress
The teams of the Women’s Caucus are charged with advancing action on their designated issues in a bipartisan manner. Legislation from Team 10. TAX POLICY:
- HR241—Surviving Spouse Fairness Act of 1999—A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide that the $500,000 exclusion of gain on the sale of a principle residence shall apply to certain sales by a surviving spouse. (Roukema)
- HR464—Higher Education Affordability and Availability Act—A bill to provide tax incentives for education and to exclude from income distributions from qualified tuition programs used for qualified higher education expenses (Granger)
School Construction: —providing low-interest bonds to local school districts:
- HR1760—America’s Better Classrooms Act of 1999 (N.Johnson) HR415—Expand and Rebuild America’s Schools Act of 1997 (Sanchez)
- HR1660—Public School Modernization Act of 1999 (Rangel)
- HR2085—Family Tax Reduction Act of 1999—A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to end the marriage penalty, to provide estate tax relief for family-owned farms and other family-owned businesses, to provide a tax credit for longterm care needs, to expand the child and dependent care tax credit, to increase the deduction for health insurance costs for self-employed individuals, and to adjust for inflation the exemption amounts used to calculate the individual alternative minimum tax. (Hooley)
- HR2020—Tax Relief for Working Americans Act of 1999—A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide marriage penalty relief, incentives to encourage health coverage, and increased child care assistance, to extend certain expiring tax provisions, and for other purposes. (N. Johnson).
- Topic: Tax Reform
- Headline: Tax incentives for education, new schools, & families
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 99-WC14
||s1a||Virgin Islands Governor candidate 2014|| |
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: