Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2015 State of the Union address to Congress, plus the Republican Responses: Jan. 20, 2015
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Barack Obama: Teen pregnancies and abortions are nearing all-time lows.
Joni Ernst: Protecting most vulnerable is important measure of society.
Budget & Economy|
Barack Obama: Should economy benefit the few, or everyone?
Jill Stein: We are in state of emergency; not state of recovery.
Joni Ernst: Sting of economy was felt over the last 6 years.
Rand Paul: We borrow $1M per minute; mandate a balanced budget.
Barack Obama: It's right to condemn the persecution of LGBT people.
Curt Clawson: Promise equal opportunity, not equal outcomes.
Barack Obama: Close loopholes that let top 1% avoid paying taxes.
Rand Paul: No safety net cuts until corporate welfare is all cut.
Barack Obama: Crime rate and incarceration rate have come down together.
Libertarian Party: De-fund war on drugs, and end violent drug cartels.
Barack Obama: Lower the cost of community college to zero.
Libertarian Party: Make college affordable by ending subsidies and mandates.
Energy & Oil|
Barack Obama: 14 warmest years on record occurred in last 15 years.
Barack Obama: China has agreed with US; rest of world will now follow.
Barack Obama: FactCheck: US Is biggest oil & gas producer, but privately.
Curt Clawson: Keystone XL pipeline must be completed.
Joni Ernst: Keystone Jobs Bill: many jobs; minimal environmental impact.
Families & Children|
Barack Obama: Families aren't looking for handouts, but for a fair shot.
Barack Obama: Childcare is an economic priority; not a side-issue.
Barack Obama: Don't let our fears blind us to opportunity.
Barack Obama: Russia is in tatters because of our steady resolve.
Barack Obama: Cuba: When something doesn't work for 50 years, change it.
Carlos Curbelo: Cuba & Iran: no unearned concessions to cruel dictatorships.
John Bolton: America's biggest threat is self-induced weakness.
Libertarian Party: End foreign military operations; shut down foreign bases.
Barack Obama: 21st century businesses need to sell more overseas.
Joni Ernst: Tear down trade barriers in Europe & the Pacific.
Barack Obama: Right to vote is sacred & is being denied to too many.
Rand Paul: Term limits would infuse Congress with new ideas.
Barack Obama: ObamaCare didn't crush jobs nor explode deficits.
Barack Obama: Ebola teaches us how to prevent future pandemics.
Barack Obama: FactCheck: Yes, 10 million newly insured last year.
Curt Clawson: Lift the economic shackles of ObamaCare.
Joni Ernst: Failed mindset gave us policies like ObamaCare.
Libertarian Party: Repeal ObamaCare and don't replace it with RomneyCare.
Rand Paul: Compassion cannot be delivered in the form of coercion.
Barack Obama: Finish the job: it's time to close Gitmo.
Rand Paul: We've over-militarized our foreign policy.
Rand Paul: Military should be second to none; so audit the Pentagon.
Carlos Curbelo: Modernize legal immigration: no official English.
Curt Clawson: The law must be followed, but our house is your house.
Barack Obama: Best employment growth since 1999; the crisis is past.
Barack Obama: Help families with more paid leave & higher minimum wage.
Barack Obama: FactCheck: Yes, unemployment down; but many stopped looking.
Curt Clawson: Undocumented immigrants cause 10 million unemployed.
Libertarian Party: Eliminate the minimum wage in every state.
Principles & Values|
Rand Paul: Politicians should apply medical oath: "First, do no harm".
Barack Obama: Precision Medicine Initiative: cures via personalized info.
Barack Obama: Out to space not just to visit; but to stay.
Barack Obama: Better meet the threat of cyberattacks.
Libertarian Party: Repeal the PATRIOT Act and end the surveillance state.
War & Peace|
Barack Obama: I will veto any new sanctions against Iran.
Barack Obama: Authorize the use of force against ISIL.
Jill Stein: ISIS grows out of chaos that we created in Iraq.
John Bolton: ISIS, despite a few airstrikes, is alive & well.
Joni Ernst: Comprehensive plan to defeat ISIL and al Qaeda.
Welfare & Poverty|
Rand Paul: Federal "gifts" don't generate wealth but perpetuate poverty.
Rand Paul: Be aware of those who are missing out on American Dream.
The above quotations are from 2015 State of the Union address to Congress, plus the Republican Responses: Jan. 20, 2015.
Related books, debates, and candidates:
- 2016 State of the Union speech
- 2016 Governors' State of the State speeches
- 2015 State of the Union speech
- 2015 Governors' State of the State speeches
- 2014 State of the Union speech, plus response by Green Party, Republican Party, and Tea Party
- 2014 Governors' State of the State speeches
- 2013 State of the Union speech, plus response by GOP and Tea Party
- 2013 Governors' State of the State speeches
- 2012 State of the Union speech, plus response by GOP and Tea Party
- 2012 Governors' State of the State speeches
- 2011 State of the Union speech, plus response by GOP and Tea Party
- 2011 Governors' State of the State speeches
- 2007-2011 Mayors' State of the City speeches
- 2010 Governors' State of the State speeches
- Obama Q+A at GOP House Retreat, Jan. 2010
- 2010 State of the Union speech, plus response by Gov. Bob McDonnell (R, VA)
- 2009 Governors' State of the State speeches
- 2009 Address to Joint Session of Congress, plus response by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R, LA)
- 2009 Governors' State of the State speeches
- 2008 State of the Union speech, plus response by Gov. Kathleen Sebelius (D, KS)
- 2008 Governors' State of the State speeches
- 2007 State of the Union speech, plus response by Sen. James Webb (D, VA)
- 2007 Governors' State of the State speeches
- 2006 State of the Union speech, plus response by Gov. Tim Kaine (D, VA)
- 2005 State of the Union speech, plus responses by Sen Harry Reid (D, NV) & Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA)
- 2004 State of the Union speech, plus responses by Sen Tom Daschle (D, SD) & Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA)
- 2004 Governors' State of the State speeches
- 2001 Governors' State of the State speeches
- Other early 2000s Governors' State of the State speeches
- Other late 1990s Governors' State of the State speeches
- Historical State of the Union addresses: