issues2000.org


Home Issues Leaders Recent Grid Archive Senate House VoteMatch_Quiz FAQs
 2006 Senate  Debates:  AZ      
      NJ
CT      
      NY
FL      
      OH
MD      
      PA
MI      
      RI
MN      
      TN
MO      
      TX
MT      
      VA
     More 2006   Debates   2004   Debates   2008   Speculation 

2012 Election
Candidate Debates
St. Anselm NH debate
June 13, 2011
Faith & Freedom Conference
June 4, 2011
South Carolina debate
May 5, 2011
NRA Conference
May 1, 2011
CPAC Conference
Feb. 11, 2011


Candidate Books


Mitt Romney: The Man, His Values and His Vision
, by Lisa Ray Turner and Kimberly Field

Real Change
, by Speaker Newt Gingrich

The Revolution: A Manifesto
, by Ron Paul, published April 2008

Tim Pawlenty: The Sam's Club Republican
, by J. A. McClure

The Audacity of Hope
,
by Sen. Barack Obama (D, IL)

Promises to Keep: On Life and Politics
, by Joe Biden


Withdrawn Candidates


The America We Deserve
, by Donald Trump

Do the Right Thing
, by Mike Huckabee

Leadership
, autobiography by Rudolph Giuliani

America by Heart
, by Sarah Palin

Book Reviews

(from Amazon.com)

(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)

Democratic Presidential Candidates Debate at St. Anselm College in Manchester, New Hampshire, hosted by Brit Hume of Fox News, Jan. 22, 2004


Abortion
   Wesley Clark: An issue of human rights, not of Catholic doctrine.
Budget & Economy
   Al Sharpton: Focus on mass employment instead of big business.
   Howard Dean: I'm much more conservative with money than Bush is.
Civil Rights
   Al Sharpton: Dangerous precedent to leave gay rights to the states.
   John Edwards: Let each state decide about civil unions and gay marriage.
   Wesley Clark: Patriot Act was passed in haste-end sneak-and-peek.
Crime
   Al Sharpton: End the death penalty-discriminatory, non-deterrent, wrong.
Education
   Dennis Kucinich: Stop making us a nation of test-takers: free education.
Energy & Oil
   Dennis Kucinich: Journey to planet Earth: renewable energy by 2010.
   John Kerry: Ban MBTE and sue companies who make it.
Foreign Policy
   Al Sharpton: Trade & aid over military-super-help over superpower.
   Al Sharpton: Use UN & trade to move Iran toward democracy, not military.
Free Trade
   Dennis Kucinich: Bilateral trade structure to support American manufacturing.
Government Reform
   John Edwards: Ban lobbyist campaign donations and disclose activities.
Gun Control
   John Edwards: Hunting is fine, but criminals & kids should have limits.
Health Care
   Joseph Lieberman: National health insurance pool-free for poor and children.
   Joseph Lieberman: Pharmaceutical prices are unfair-import drugs from Canada.
Homeland Security
   John Kerry: Increase military by 40,000 troops-but no draft.
   Joseph Lieberman: Unwavering support for our troops in battle.
Principles & Values
   Howard Dean: I'm not kidding about what I say-even over-enthusiastically.
   Howard Dean: Not just trying to change president, but to steer America.
   Joseph Lieberman: The GOP can't use their normal playbook on me.
   Wesley Clark: I'm in the party now and I want to bring in new people.
   Wesley Clark: I've praised Republicans-I hope they praise me when elected.
Tax Reform
   Howard Dean: There was no middle-class tax cut in this country.
   John Kerry: Kerry vs. Bush on taxes is a fight we deserve to have.
   Joseph Lieberman: Tax the richest 2% to pay for a tax cut to the other 98%.
War & Peace
   Dennis Kucinich: Democratic Party is divided over the war in Iraq.
   Dennis Kucinich: Disavowing Iraqi oil creates entirely different direction.
   Howard Dean: Iraq wasn't about UN permission-it wasn't an imminent threat.
   Howard Dean: Vote by Lieberman, Kerry, & Edwards sent 500 soldiers to die.
   John Edwards: Voted for war in Iraq but against $87B-and it's consistent.
   John Kerry: Only go to war if we have to, not because we want to.
   John Kerry: Bush went to war the wrong way-I voted for the right way.
   Joseph Lieberman: We made the right decision to send soldiers to Iraq.
   Wesley Clark: Hold Bush accountable for 9/11.
Welfare & Poverty
   John Edwards: We need to talk about 35 million who live in poverty.


The above quotations are from Democratic Presidential Candidates Debate at St. Anselm College in Manchester, New Hampshire, hosted by Brit Hume of Fox News, Jan. 22, 2004.

Logo
All material copyright 1999-2013
by OnTheIssues.org
Reprinting by permission only.

E-mail: submit@OnTheIssues.org
Mail
Send donations or submit quotations to:
OnTheIssues.org
1770 Massachusetts Ave. #630
Cambridge, MA 02140



OnTheIssues.org
Home Page
Most recent quotations Archive of books & debates Candidate Matching Quiz