Tragedy of Lyndon Johnson
by Eric F. Goldman
(Click for Amazon book review)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Tragedy of Lyndon Johnson, by Eric Goldman (number of quotes indicated):
- John F. Kennedy (1)
- Lyndon Johnson (10)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Lyndon Johnson: 1964 stimulus: Lower taxes with high expenditures.
Lyndon Johnson: Jenkins Affair: My gay aide was set up by GOP.
John F. Kennedy: Refused any federal financial help to parochial schools.
Lyndon Johnson: Ok to fund parochial schools if funds go to children.
Lyndon Johnson: Lyndon focused on conservation; Lady Bird on beautification.
Lyndon Johnson: America is easily misunderstood by foreign leaders.
Lyndon Johnson: UN and OAS are useful but irresolute.
Lyndon Johnson: Transform Southeast Asia with Mekong Delta project.
Lyndon Johnson: Asia Doctrine: repulse aggression then remake nations.
Lyndon Johnson: Advancing the Nation's Health: expand Medicare.
Welfare & Poverty|
Lyndon Johnson: 1964: declares unconditional war on poverty.
The above quotations are from Tragedy of Lyndon Johnson
by Eric F. Goldman.
Biographies of past presidents:
- President George W. Bush
- The Faith of George W. Bush, by Stephen Mansfield
- Decision Points, by George W. Bush
- President Bill Clinton
- Back to Work, by Pres. Bill Clinton
- The Agenda, by Bob Woodward
- State of the Uion, "Report Card" on Bill Clinton
- President George H. W. Bush
- All the Best, My Life in Letters, by George Bush Sr.
- The Family, (the Bushes) by Kitty Kelley
- President Ronald Reagan
- Dutch, a Memoir of Ronald Reagan, by Edmund Morris
- President Jimmy Carter
- An Hour Before Daylight, by Jimmy Carter
- Jimmy Who?: biography of Jimmy Carter
- President Gerald Ford
- Shadow: Five Presidents and the Legacy of Watergate,by Bob Woodward
- President Richard Nixon
- The Real War, by Richard Nixon
- Seize the Moment, by Richard Nixon
- Nixon's Ten Commandments of Statecraft, by James Humes
- The Watergate Transcripts, by The Washington Post
- President Lyndon Johnson
- The Lyndon Johnson Story, by Booth Mooney
- Tragedy of Lyndon Johnson, by Eric F. Goldman
- A Very Human President (LBJ biography), by Jack Valenti
- Taking Charge: The Johnson White House Tapes, by Michael Beschloss
- President John F. Kennedy
- Profiles In Courage, by John F. Kennedy
- Kennedy, the Classic Biography, by Ted Sorensen
- A Question of Character, A life of JFK, by Thomas Reeves
- A Nation of Immigrants, by John F. Kennedy
- William & Mary Environmental Law Review, by Cameron Lynch