This page contains Congressional resolutions.
Resolutions indicate the topics that legislators care about, but cannot legislate about.
on May 25, 2000
Resolution: the Midwestern Governors' Conference resolution:
Source: Resolution of Midwestern Governors' Conf. on LIHEAP
- WHEREAS, The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) enables states to assist low-income households in meeting critical heating and cooling needs; and
- WHEREAS, More than two-thirds of households eligible for LIHEAP have annual incomes under $8,000, making LIHEAP a targeted, cost-effective way to help low-income citizens pay their home energy bills; and
- WHEREAS, Households served because of LIHEAP include the most vulnerable populations in our states ? the elderly, disabled, and young children; and
- WHEREAS, LIHEAP provides a foundation upon which the Midwestern states have built community-based energy assistance programs and has permitted us to leverage state and local dollars to meet the needs of our citizens; and
- WHEREAS, In past years, funding for LIHEAP has been substantially reduced, and any new funding cuts will impede the statesí ability to meet the energy needs of low-income households; now therefore be it
- RESOLVED, That the Midwestern Governorsí Conference encourages Congress to renew its support for LIHEAP and maintain funding in Fiscal Year 2001 at or above the level appropriated for the program in Fiscal Year 2000.
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 20.
Question 20: Allow churches to provide welfare services
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Welfare & Poverty
- Headline: Support LIHEAP, low-income heating assistance
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 00-MGC2
||s1s||MO Democratic Senator (Former)|
||s1s||IN Former Democratic Governor (1997-2003)|
||s1s||KY Former Democrat Governor (1995-2003)|
||s1s||ND Former Democratic Governor (1992-2000); Cabinet Sec'y (USDA)|
||s1s||IA Former Democratic Governor (1994-2002); Cabinet Sec'y (USDA)|
participating in 00-MGC2
||s1s||MI Former Republican Governor (1991-2002)|
||s1s||KS Former Republican Governor (1995-2002)|
||s1s||SD00 Former Republican Governor (1979=1986 & 1995-2002)|
||s1s||NE Former Republican Governor (2005-2007); elected Senator 2008|
||s1s||IL Former Republican Governor (1999-2002)|
||s1s||OH Former Republican Governor (1999-2006)|
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: