This page contains Congressional resolutions.
Resolutions indicate the topics that legislators care about, but cannot legislate about.
Resolution: the New England Governors' Conference resolution:
Source: NEG/ECP Resolution 26-4: Energy & Environment
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that NEG/ECP accepts the Climate Change Action Plan and [commits to its] implementation; andBE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that [NEG/ECP commits to] work together to address regional energy and environmental issues such as integrated approaches to energy reliability, fuel diversity, regional emission credit trading, energy conservation, and improved energy facility and transmission siting.
- WHEREAS, the Conference of New England Governors and Eastern Canadian Premiers (NEG/ECP) have developed a Climate Change Action Plan to address actions to reduce the emissions of greenhouse gases in the Region and adapt our economies and social infrastructure to the negative impacts likely to result from climate change; and
- WHEREAS, within the region, greenhouse gas emissions within one jurisdiction associated with cleaner energy production, can be offset by greenhouse gas emission reductions within another jurisdiction, resulting from the replacement of higher carbon intensity fuels with imported cleaner energy; and
- WHEREAS, the Conference recognizes that substantial opportunities to improve conservation and efficiency in energy use and transportation are embodied in the Climate Change Action Plan [with the following summary of Action Items]:
- The Establishment of a Regional Standardized GHG Emissions Inventory
- The Establishment of a Plan
for Reducing GHG Emissions and Conserving Energy
- The Promotion of Public Awareness
- State and Provincial Governments to Lead by Example
- The Reduction of Greenhouse Gases from the Electricity Sector
- The Reduction of the Total Energy Demand Through Conservation
- The Reduction and/or Adaptation of Negative Social, Economic and Environmental Impacts of Climate Change
- A Decrease in the Transportation Sector’s Growth in GHG Emissions
- The Creation of a Regional Emissions Registry and the Exploration of a Trading Mechanism
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 18.
Question 18: Replace coal & oil with alternatives
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Energy & Oil
- Headline: Create Regional Emissions Registry for GHG trading
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 01-NEGC4
||s1s||RI00 Former Republican Governor (1995-2002)|
||s1s||CT Former Republican Governor (1995-2004)|
||s1s||MA02 Former Republican Governor (2001-2002)|
participating in 01-NEGC4
||s1s||ME Former Independent Governor (1995-2002)|
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: