This page contains Congressional resolutions.
Resolutions indicate the topics that legislators care about, but cannot legislate about.
Resolution: the Western Governors' Association resolution:
Source: WGA Policy Resolution 01 - 07: Zero Tolerance for Violence
- America’s communities, schools and workplaces are the building blocks of our peaceful and productive society.
- It is the obligation of governments to ensure citizens and visitors in our nation are protected from violence and do not feel threatened by it.
- Employees of the federal, state and local governments, including public land managers, are sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States and to faithfully discharge the duties of their offices. Government employees are working men and women with families who, as our neighbors, contribute to the communities in which they live.
GOVERNORS’ POLICY STATEMENT
- Western Governors unequivocally endorse a zero tolerance for violence throughout our society. We support the use of all legal authority to prevent violence.
- Western Governors unequivocally endorse a zero tolerance for violence directed specifically against government employees. The Western Governors express their appreciation for all of the contributions that government employees have made and continue to make to the states and communities in which they live.
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 9.
Question 9: Mandatory Three Strikes sentencing laws
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Crime
- Headline: Zero tolerance for violence against government employees
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 01-WGA07
||s1s||HI Former Democratic Governor (1994-2002)|
||s1s||CA Former Democratic|
||s1s||OR Democratic Governor|
||s1s||WA Former Democratic Governor (1997-2004); Cabinet (Commerce)|
||s1s||AS00 Former Democratic Governor|
participating in 01-WGA07
||s1o||WY Former Republican Governor (1995-2002)|
||s1s||KS Former Republican Governor (1995-2002)|
||s1o||NV Former Republican Governor (1999-2006)|
||s1s||ND Former Republican Governor (2000-2010)|
|Jane Dee Hull
||s1s||AZ Former Republican Governor (1997-2002)|
||s1s||SD00 Former Republican Governor (1979=1986 & 1995-2002)|
||s1s||NE Former Republican Governor (2005-2007); elected Senator 2008|
||s1s||NM Former Republican Governor (1995-2002)|
||s1s||MT Former Republican Governor (2001-2005)|
||s1s||CO Former Republican Governor (1999-2006)|
||s1s||TX Republican Governor|
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: