This page contains bills sponsored by presidential contenders.
Bill sponsorships indicate the topics that legislators are most interested in, and spend the most time on.
Legislation by 2008 Presidential Candidates: enhancing interdiction by criminalizing unflagged submarines
Legislative Summary:A bill to enhance drug trafficking interdiction by creating a Federal felony for operating or embarking in a submersible or semi-submersible vessel without nationality and on an international voyage.
- Congress finds that operating or embarking in a submersible or semi-submersible vessel without nationality and on an international voyage is a serious international problem, facilitates transnational crime, including drug trafficking, and terrorism, and presents a specific threat to the safety of maritime navigation and the security of the United States.
- Whoever knowingly operates in any submersible vessel that is without nationality and that is navigating waters beyond the outer limit of the territorial sea of a single country, with the intent to evade detection, shall be punished as prescribed
- House version is H.R.6295; related Senate bill S.3198.
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 19.
Question 19: Never legalize marijuana
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Drugs
- Headline: Enhance interdiction by criminalizing unflagged submarines
- Headline 2: Enhance interdiction by criminalizing unflagged submarines
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 08-S3351
||s1i||DE Vice President|| |
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: