This page contains bill sponsorships in the Senate and House.
Bill sponsorships indicate the topics that legislators are most interested in, and spend the most time on.
Bill Sponsorship: creating online database of science & math scholarships
Source: National STEM Scholarship Database Act (S.2428/H.R.1051)
Directs the Secretary of Education to establish and maintain, on the public website of the Department of Education, a database of information on public and private programs of financial assistance for the study of postsecondary and graduate science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Requires that such database:Requires the Secretary and the entity contracted to furnish and regularly update information to consult with public and private sources of scholarships and make easily available a process for the sources to provide regular and updated information.
- provide separate information for each field of study;
- be searchable by category and combinations of categories;
- indicate programs targeted toward specific demographic groups;
- provide searchers with program sponsor contact information and hyperlinks; and
- include a recommendation that students and families carefully review application requirements and a disclaimer that scholarships presented in the database are not provided or endorsed by the Department or the federal government.
- Topic: Technology
- Headline: Create online database of science & math scholarships
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 2007-S2428
||s1o||CT Independent Sr Senator; Gore's VP nominee (Retiring)|| |
||s1o||Florida Former GOP (until 2010)|| |
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: