This page contains Congressional resolutions.
Resolutions indicate the topics that legislators care about, but cannot legislate about.
on Oct 14, 1999
Resolution: the Midwestern Governors' Conference resolution:
Source: Resolution of Midwestern Governors' Conf. on Medicare Equity
- WHEREAS, Medicare premiums paid to Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO) are set at 95% of the current fee-for-service Medicare spending on residents of the county where the HMO is to be offered; and
- WHEREAS, The lack of readily accessible medical care in some areas results in lower utilization of medical services and lower Medicare spending; and
- WHEREAS, The combination of the Medicare HMO premium formula and differences in medical care service utilization results in fewer medical benefits for many Medicare HMO participants in rural, and other low medical care utilization areas; and
- WHEREAS, Medicaid will likely be used to fill the coverage gap in these areas, requiring additional state money; and
- WHEREAS, Language in the 1997 Balanced Budget Act was designed to address these inequities; now therefore be it,
- RESOLVED, That the Midwestern Governorsí Conference encourages Congress to continue its effort to address these inequities, and to resist efforts to reverse the changes made to Medicare HMO premiums in the Balanced Budget Act of 1997.
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 5.
Question 5: More federal funding for health coverage
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Health Care
- Headline: Maintain Medicare funding of HMO benefits
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 99-MGC2
||s1s||MO Democratic Senator (Former)|
||s1s||NE Democratic Sr Senator (Retiring)|
||s1s||IN Former Democratic Governor (1997-2003)|
||s1s||KY Former Democrat Governor (1995-2003)|
||s1s||ND Former Democratic Governor (1992-2000); Cabinet Sec'y (USDA)|
||s1s||IA Former Democratic Governor (1994-2002); Cabinet Sec'y (USDA)|
participating in 99-MGC2
||s1s||MI Former Republican Governor (1991-2002)|
||s1s||KS Former Republican Governor (1995-2002)|
||s1s||SD00 Former Republican Governor (1979=1986 & 1995-2002)|
||s1s||IL Former Republican Governor (1999-2002)|
||s1s||OH Former Republican Governor (1999-2006)|
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: