State of Louisiana secondary Archives: on Homeland Security
Support military investments & long-term, steady budgeting
Support long-term, steady budgeting plans for our military
Continue to promote Louisiana as a premier place to organize and train our troops
- End sequester for defense spending so our military families never fall off the "fiscal cliff"
- Support military investments in technology and equipment that will help us target our
enemies in the most effective ways
- Reallocate wasteful spending in other parts of the budget to support a stronger national defense
Make lasting, meaningful reforms at the Department of Veterans Affairs
Ensure that decisions about Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) do not reduce troop levels at Louisiana's military bases
- Support local efforts to communicate to BRAC about community needs as we fight to keep local military communities strong
and make their economies vibrant
Source: 2016 La. Senate campaign website FosterCampbell2016.com
Nov 8, 2016
- Support veteran-led reforms that focus on timely access to quality care and eliminating backlogs for claims and appeals
Support a strong military; and support veterans
In Congress I will fight to:The freedom that we enjoy every day in our great nation wouldn't be possibl
weren't for the service and dedication of our men and women in uniform--and the many who have made the ultimate sacrifice. In recent times, we are seeing more threats to those freedoms around the globe.
As our military men and women protect America's greatness, they are being treated as second-class citizens by their own veterans' agency. I find the current goings on at the Department of Veteran's Affairs deeply troubling.
Long wait times accompanied with allegations of bureaucrats "cooking the books" at the VA are simply unacceptable.
- Support a strong military
- Ensure our veterans get quality health care at the VA
- Protect Americans from terrorists at home and abroad
Our veterans deserve the very best. And as a member of Congress, I will work tirelessly to ensure they receive just that.
Source: 2014 La. House campaign website, GarretGravesForCongress.com
Dec 5, 2014
Page last updated: Feb 12, 2018