Government at the Brink:
The Root Causes of Government Waste and Mismanagement, by Fred Thompson
(Click for Amazon book review)
Click here for 12 full quotes from Fred Thompson in the book Government at the Brink, by Fred Thompson.
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
No end in sight to problems with Indian Trust Funds.
DEA has no meaningful performance goals on illegal drugs.
Ludicrous waste & fraud: you wonder if anyone is even trying.
Bostonís Big Dig #1 on Top Ten Worst Mismanagement.
Federal civil service system is broken.
Government invests billions on systems that donít work.
Medicare loses $11B per year to errors and fraud.
Medicare drug payment methods are fundamentally flawed.
DoD cannot account for where spending goes.
FEMA faces systemic and long-standing management problems.
USDA problems: info security and Forest Service finances.
Government unable to protect its computer data from attack.
The above quotations are from Government at the Brink:
The Root Causes of Government Waste and Mismanagement, by Fred Thompson.
Related books, debates, and candidates:
- Bloomberg by Bloomberg, by Mike Bloomberg
- Bloomberg: Money, Power, and Politics: Mike Bloomberg biography
- From Power to Purpose: A Remarkable Journey of Faith and Compassion, by Sam Brownback
- Our Character, Our Future, by Alan Keyes
- McCain: The Myth of a Maverick, by Matt Welch
- Mortal Danger, by Tom Tancredo
- A Mormon in the White House? 10 Things Every American Should Know about Mitt Romney, by Hugh Hewitt
- Mitt Romney: The Man, His Values and His Vision, by Lisa Ray Turner and Kimberly Field
- Leadership, by Rudy Giuliani
- From Hope to Higher Ground, by Mike Huckabee
- Building a Healthy Culture, foreword by Sen. Sam Brownback
- Gold, Peace, and Prosperity: The Birth of a New Currency, by Ron Paul
- The Full Rudy: The Man, the Myth, the Mania, by Jack Newfield
- Freedom Under Siege: The US Constitution After 200-Plus Years, by Ron Paul
- The Fred Factor, by Steve Gill
- Giuliani: Flawed or Flawless? by Deborah & Gerald Strober
- Character Makes a Difference: Where I'm From, Where I've Been, and What I Believe, by Mike Huckabee
- Government at the Brink: The Root Causes of Government Waste and Mismanagement, by Fred Thompson
- America's Mayor, America's President?, by Robert Polner
- Every Other Monday, by Rep. John Kasich