This page contains surveys of candidates conducted by organizations interested in the candidates' policy views.
Political Group Survey: the PVS survey question on gun control
Source: Political Courage Test
The Project Vote Smart Voter Guide inferred how candidates would respond to the question, 'Guns: Do you generally support gun-control legislation?'
Project Vote Smart notes, "in response to the increasing unwillingness of candidates to answer issue questions, Project Vote Smart has researched Congressional candidates' public records to determine candidates' likely responses on certain key issues. These issue positions, from the year 2016, are provided [for candidates who] refused to provide voters with positions on key issues covered by the 2016 Political Courage Test, despite repeated requests. Historically, candidates have failed to complete our test due to the advice they receive from their parties and advisors and out of fear of negative attack ads."
Also see the AFA survey question on gun control and the CC survey question on Second Amendment.
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 10.
Question 10: Absolute right to gun ownership
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Gun Control
- Headline: Supports gun-control legislation
- Headline 2: Opposes gun-control legislation
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 16PVS_Q10
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: