State of Texas Archives: on Energy & Oil
Incentivize renewable energy
Steps we can take to promote energy and environmental reforms include
enacting comprehensive energy reform that optimizes the uses of current energy sources while incentivizing the innovation of new and renewable sources of energy.
Source: 2018 Texas Senate campaign website BetoForTexas.com
Jan 1, 2018
Repeal the 1970s Oil Export Ban
The American Oil Export Ban Prevents Texas Crude from Being Sold Overseas:
I'll work to repeal this 1970s-era law because American energy independence means lower costs for our nation, more jobs at home, and more security for our allies against hostile regimes.
Source: 2016 Texas House campaign website JodeyArrington.com
Nov 8, 2016
Let ethanol program expire
Ethanol will phase out, it is phasing out now. By 2022 that program expires by virtue of the existing law, and at that point it will go away.
I don't agree with the mandate and the program that's in place, but I think it's unfair that these people have gone out and invested all this money into this program and we're just going to yank it away from them.
Source: 2016 CNN-Telemundo Republican debate on eve of Texas primary
Feb 25, 2016
Supports prioritizing green energy
Q: Do you support or oppose prioritizing green energy?
Source: E-mail interview on Texas 2014 Senate race with OnTheIssues
Sep 19, 2014
Fracking is running rampant & endangers our air & water
In Texas, "Fracking" appears to be running rampant, polluting the quality of the air we breath, endangering our water supply and destroying the South Texas landscape and its habitat.
No Texas city is safe from being turned into a dust city.
I live in Del Rio, Texas and my biggest fear is in wondering how long it will take to reach this quaint city with its bountiful water springs.
We should strive to fight against this toxic enterprise.
Source: 2014 Texas Senate campaign website on Facebook.com
Sep 18, 2014
Open the Gulf; more hydro-fracking; less "green" energy
End the Wasteful Obama Green Energy Gravy Train
Dewhurst Plan: Develop America's Massive Domestic Energy Resources
- End taxpayer bailouts to companies like Solyndra, which declared bankruptcy after receiving $535 million in grants.
- Stop President Obama's "energy cronyism" of giving federal grants to donors.
Stop feasting on taxpayer dollars for pet "Green" energy products, which don't make good commercial sense and never make it to consumers.
Source: 2012 Senate Campaign website, dewhurstfortexas.com, "Issues"
Mar 25, 2012
- Fully develop and utilize America's
abundant energy resources.
- Stop interfering with hydro-fracking of oil and gas wells, which is completely safe, and streamline oil and natural gas drilling regulations to allow more drilling.
- Aggressively re-open Gulf of Mexico to oil and gas
exploration with sensible safeguards in place.
- Stop playing "political football" with the Keystone pipeline.
- Open new markets for liquefied natural gas and encourage the building of ports and other facilities that can handle LNG exports.
Elizabeth Ames Jones:
America needs America's energy
I support policies that will put America on a path to true energy security and acknowledge the reality that we will continue to need a diverse mix of resources, including hydrocarbons, to fuel our economy.
I support the responsible development of
America's energy resources including opening new areas for the exploration of oil and gas. The fact is, America needs America's energy.
A sensible plan depends on the can-do attitude of the American people rather than the government-knows-best attitude
Source: 2012 Senate campaign website, www.jonesfortexas.com
Jul 17, 2011
Energy independence is a national security priority
Source: 2010 Texas House campaign website, AlameelForCongress.com
Nov 1, 2010
- Maintain our military superiority that is second to none.
- Support strong national security policies.
- Support policies that enhances the lives of our troops and their families.
- Make education a national security priority to
restore our economic innovation and industrial competitive edge.
- Make energy independence a national security priority as well as an economic necessity.
- Support Israel and maintain our historically deep friendship and alliance.
Alternative non-carbon, non-nuclear energy sources
Roland supports the following principles regarding Environment and Energy
Issues: “Support alternative non carbon, non nuclear energy sources, especially solar power satellites.”
Source: Texas Congressional Election 2008 Political Courage Test
May 2, 2008
Supports alternative fuel plus traditional sources
Castro indicates support of the following principles regarding energy.
Source: Texas 2006 Congressional National Political Awareness Test
Nov 1, 2006
- Promote increased use of alternative fuel technology.
- Support increased production of traditional domestic energy sources (e.g. coal, natural gas, and oil).
Use state funds to clean up former industrial and commercial sites that are contaminated, unused, or abandoned.
- Increase funding for improvements to TX power generating and transmission facilities.
- Support funding for open space preservation.
Page last updated: Feb 13, 2018