This page contains surveys of candidates conducted by organizations interested in the candidates' policy views.
Political Group Survey: the PVS survey question on trade barriers
Source: PVS Survey
Project Vote Smart inferred whether candidates agree or disagree with the statement, 'Trade: Do you generally support removing barriers to international trade (for example: tariffs, quotas, etc.)?'
PVS self-description: "The Political Courage Test provides voters with positions on key issues. Historically, candidates have failed to complete our test due to the advice they receive from their advisors and out of fear of negative attack ads."
Also see the AFA survey question on free enterprise as a related survey question; the PVS survey question on stimulus spending from a similar survey question; and the 2018 PVS survey question on federal stimulus.
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 13.
Question 13: Support & expand free trade
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Free Trade
- Headline: Anti-tariffs, according to PVS survey
- Headline 2: Pro-tariff, according to PVS survey
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 20PVS-13
||s1+||CA03 Former Initiator of Gubernatorial Recall (2003)|| |
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: