Survey of Gubernatorial campaign websites, 2010-2011
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Survey of Gubernatorial campaign websites, 2010-2011 (number of quotes indicated):
- Ken Cuccinelli (11) Virginia Republican Challenger
- Maggie Hassan (7) New Hampshire Democratic Governor
- Pat McCrory (10) North Carolina Republican Governor
- Phil Bryant (14) Mississippi Republican Governor
- Robert Sarvis (9) Virginia Libertarian nominee for Governor
- Steve Bullock (5) Montana Democratic Governor
- Terry McAuliffe (4) Virginia Democratic Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Phil Bryant: Supports the Personhood Initiative: protect the unborn.
Budget & Economy|
Phil Bryant: Lower taxes to spur economic growth and job creation.
Maggie Hassan: Instrumental in passing marriage equality in NH.
Phil Bryant: Constitutionally define marriage: one man and one woman.
Robert Sarvis: End ALL government subsidies of specific industries.
Pat McCrory: Eliminate cumbersome and duplicative regulations.
Robert Sarvis: Reverse the militarization of law-enforcement tactics.
Ken Cuccinelli: 1991: established Sexual Assault Fact & Education (SAFE).
Ken Cuccinelli: Fought the war against human trafficking since 2006.
Ken Cuccinelli: Free wrongly convicted, when technology proves innocence.
Steve Bullock: Arrest and prosecute sex predators and scam artists.
Phil Bryant: Fight drug crime & punish sexual predators.
Robert Sarvis: Legalize marijuana & decriminalize harder drugs.
Steve Bullock: Confront the invisible epidemic of prescription drug abuse.
Robert Sarvis: Bad schools persist because politicians are in charge.
Robert Sarvis: Supports vouchers, tax credit, charters, & parental triggers.
Ken Cuccinelli: No child should be forced to remain in a failing school.
Terry McAuliffe: We're not doing enough to support our schools.
Maggie Hassan: Our public schools are essential to best-trained workforce.
Pat McCrory: Virtual education choice and charter schools choice.
Pat McCrory: Partner colleges with business to focus on marketable skills.
Phil Bryant: Close failing districts & implement charters.
Energy & Oil|
Ken Cuccinelli: We need oil, natural gas, and coal, plus new sources.
Terry McAuliffe: Capture wind offshore: for jobs & green energy.
Maggie Hassan: Join the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative.
Pat McCrory: Develop offshore resources, plus natural gas exploration.
Steve Bullock: Develop our resources for American energy independence.
Phil Bryant: Supports both conventional and unconventional energy sources.
Ken Cuccinelli: Reform eminent domain laws; only for true public uses.
Phil Bryant: Protect property rights; develop forest & agribusiness.
Pat McCrory: ExportNC: public-private partnership to promote exports.
Phil Bryant: Secure global businesses located in Mississippi.
Ken Cuccinelli: Eliminate waste, fraud, and abuse: I've actually done it.
Pat McCrory: Appoint people who understand the private sector.
Phil Bryant: Hold elected officials accountable via open government.
Robert Sarvis: Gun-control measures fail to reduce violent crime.
Steve Bullock: Forever preserve access to public land for hunting & fishing.
Phil Bryant: Defend the Second Amendment.
Robert Sarvis: Focus on catastrophic insurance & cash subsidies.
Ken Cuccinelli: Government out of healthcare decisions: focus on competition.
Terry McAuliffe: Expand Medicaid with $21B in federal funds.
Maggie Hassan: ObamaCare helps working families afford health insurance.
Phil Bryant: Fight Obamacare; support insurance exchanges.
Phil Bryant: Strongest anti-illegal immigration law in MS history.
Phil Bryant: E-verify at work; proof of citizenship in traffic stops.
Ken Cuccinelli: Government does not create jobs; people do.
Maggie Hassan: Keep collective bargaining; oppose right-to-work laws.
Maggie Hassan: Bring one well-regulated, high-end casino to NH.
Principles & Values|
Pat McCrory: Fix our broken economy with new vision and leadership.
Steve Bullock: I teach my kids the same Montana values I was taught.
Robert Sarvis: Eliminate or dramatically reduce the income tax.
Ken Cuccinelli: Reform tax system to encourage entrepreneurs.
Maggie Hassan: NH can fund its priorities without a broad-based tax.
Pat McCrory: Cut individual and corporate income taxes.
Pat McCrory: Fight unnecessary & burdensome federal taxes & regulations.
Phil Bryant: Lower taxes; end the marriage penalty; free markets.
Robert Sarvis: 21st-century transportation policy based on user-pays.
Ken Cuccinelli: Focus on traffic congestion and capacity problems.
Terry McAuliffe: Our infrastructure system feels outdated and inefficient.
Pat McCrory: Stop delaying critical infrastructure maintenance.
The above quotations are from Survey of Gubernatorial campaign websites, 2010-2011.
Autobiographies and Biographies of Governors:
- What A Party!, by gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D, VA)
- The Last Line of Defense, by gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R, VA)
- Chris Christie: The Inside Story of His Rise to Power, by Bob Ingle and Michael Symons
- Can`t is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley, April 2012
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King, Oct. 2010
- The Governator, by Ian Halperin (about Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, R-CA), Aug. 2011
- The Agenda for America, by Gov. Haley Barbour (R, MS), April 1996
- Blue Man in a Red State, by Greg Lemon, (about Gov. Brian Schweitzer, D, MT), June 2008
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R, AZ), Nov. 2011
- Crossroads: The Future of American Politics, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D, NY), Oct. 2003
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D, MA), April 2011
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Lincoln Chafee (I, RI), April 2008
- Teachers Under Attack, by Mike Spina, about Gov. Chris Christie (R, NJ), Feb. 2011
Press Releases etc. from Governors, Mayors, and Justices:
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2013
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2012
- Gubernatorial Press Releases, 2011
- Gubernatorial Press Releases, 2010
- Gubernatorial Press Releases, 2001-2009
- Mayoral Press Releases, 2011
- Gubernatorial Campaign websites, 2010-2011
- Mayoral Campaign websites, 2011
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2011
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2010
- Mayorial State of the City speeches, 2007-2011
- Gubernatorial Campaign websites, 2010
- Gubernatorial Campaign websites, 2001-2009
- My Grandfather's Son, by Justice Clarence Thomas, Oct. 2008
Page last edited: Oct 05, 2013