Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2017 New Jersey Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2017 NJ Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Chris Christie (2) New Jersey N.J. Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Jim McGreevey (2) Former Democratic Governor (2002-2004)
- Phil Murphy (5)
- Ray Lesniak (3) New Jersey Democratic 2017 Gubernatorial candidate
- Stephen Sweeney (1)
- Steve Fulop (9) New Jersey Democratic 2017 Gubernatorial candidate
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
New Jersey 2017 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- The Forward, "Jewish mayor finds strong backing among Muslims", by Michael Kaminer, September 5, 2016
- Newark Star-Ledger, "Raising the minimum wage",OpEd by Steve Fulop, March 12, 2016
- Bergen Record, "Strict limits on solitary confinement", by John C. Ensslin, March 11, 2016
- Newark Star-Ledger, "Pilot program to bring jobs to food stamp recipients," by Tom Haydon, March 10, 2016
- Bergen Record, "Development to Liberty State Park", by Scott Fallon, January 21, 2016
- Newark Star Ledger, "Wisely choosing clinical treatment for heroin abuse", by Jim McGreevey, 12/16/2015
- Bergen Record, "NJ extends bear hunt", by Jim Norman and Richard Cowen, 12/13/2015
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Jim McGreevey: Offer behavioral drug treatment to addicted inmates.
Jim McGreevey: Transition addicted inmates to outpatient drug treatment.
Steve Fulop: Transition addicted inmates to outpatient drug treatment.
Ray Lesniak: Ultimately we'll get legalization but wait for other states.
Steve Fulop: Wait for other states to see pro's and con's of legalization.
Phil Murphy: Focus on STEM to make Silicon Valley in New Jersey.
Energy & Oil|
Phil Murphy: Raise gas tax to renew Transportation Trust Fund.
Steve Fulop: Variable rate gas tax with automatic inflation increase.
Phil Murphy: Commit to protecting shores with long-term enviro plan.
Chris Christie: Develop Liberty State Park to generate more revenue.
Stephen Sweeney: Stall development of Liberty State Park until Christie gone.
Steve Fulop: Stall development of Liberty State Park until Christie gone.
Ray Lesniak: Ban baiting of deer and bear during hunting.
Families & Children|
Steve Fulop: Require companies to grant paid sick leave.
Phil Murphy: Former U.S. ambassador to Germany.
Phil Murphy: I don't owe the insiders anything.
Steve Fulop: Reward "socially responsible" gun distributors.
Steve Fulop: Partner with public health groups to fight urban disparities.
Steve Fulop: Jersey City first to raise the minimum wage to $15.
Steve Fulop: No municipal tax increase for third year in a row.
Welfare & Poverty|
Chris Christie: Food stamps recipients must be in job training programs.
Ray Lesniak: Private donations for job training for SNAP recipients.
The above quotations are from 2017 New Jersey Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2014-15 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)