Medicare at a Crossroads, by Al Gore
Click here for 9 full quotes from Al Gore in the book Medicare at a Crossroads.
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Protect Medicare’s funds with “lockbox”.
Improve Medicare with prescription benefit, free screenings.
Modernize Medicare with choice, efficiency, competition.
Medicare is a success but faces future challenges.
Too many seniors have to choose between drugs and rent.
Senior prescription drug benefit with $4,000 cap.
Allow 55-65 year olds to buy into Medicare.
Free preventive cancer screenings for Medicare beneficiaries.
Encourage competition, ensure choice, stop abuses.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Al Gore
The above quotations are from Medicare at a Crossroads, by Al Gore.
Related books, debates, and candidates:
- Al Gore's main page
- Tipper Gore
- Bill Clinton
Books by Al Gore:
- Earth in the Balance, by Al Gore
- Inventing Al Gore, by Bill Turque
- Common Sense Government, by Al Gore
- Medicare at a Crossroads, Gore's Health Care Plan
- Gore's 191-page Economic Plan
Debates with George W. Bush (presidential race, 2000):
- Presidential debate, Boston Mass.
- Presidential debate, Washington U., St. Louis MO
- Presidential debate, Wake Forest U., Winston-Salem NC
- NACHRI Survey: Iowa Children's Hospital issues
Debates with Bill Bradley (Democratic primary, 1999-2000):
- Primary Debate at Dartmouth University
- Democrat Debate in Des Moines, Iowa
- Democrat Debate at UNH-Durham
- Democrat Debate in the Apollo Theater in Harlem
- Democrat Debate in Johnston Iowa
- Democrat debate in Los Angeles, California
- Democrat Debate in Manchester, NH
- Democrat Debate in Nashua NH