Nixon's Ten Commandments of Statecraft, by James Humes
(Click for Amazon book review)
Nixon's Ten Commandments of Statecraft:
His Guiding Principles of Leadership and Negotiation
By Richard Nixon,
with Commentary and Lessons from History by James C. Humes
This book is arranged in 10 chapters, with Nixon's writing on each topic, then a commentary from an historian on an historical figure with a parallel lesson. The historical figures range from Pericles to Winston Churchill.
Click here for 4 full quotes from Richard Nixon in the book Ten Commandments of Statecraft.
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Nixon’s Ten Commandments of Statecraft.
Supported missile defense as means to achieve SALT.
Principles & Values|
Conserve concessions; get something in exchange for each one.
Doggedly pursued Alger Hiss; made his name in House.
The above quotations are from Nixon's Ten Commandments of Statecraft, by James Humes.
Biographies of past presidents:
- President George W. Bush
- The Faith of George W. Bush, by Stephen Mansfield
- Decision Points, by George W. Bush
- The Blair Years, by Alistair Campbell
- A Charge to Keep, by George W. Bush
- President Bill Clinton
- Behind the Oval Office, by Dick Morris
- Back to Work, by Pres. Bill Clinton
- The Agenda, by Bob Woodward
- State of the Union, "Report Card" on Bill Clinton
- President George H. W. Bush
- All the Best, My Life in Letters, by George Bush Sr.
- The Family, (the Bushes) by Kitty Kelley
- President Ronald Reagan
- Dutch, a Memoir of Ronald Reagan, by Edmund Morris
- President Jimmy Carter
- An Hour Before Daylight, by Jimmy Carter
- Jimmy Who?: biography of Jimmy Carter
- President Gerald Ford
- Shadow: Five Presidents and the Legacy of Watergate,by Bob Woodward
- President Richard Nixon
- The Real War, by Richard Nixon
- Seize the Moment, by Richard Nixon
- Nixon's Ten Commandments of Statecraft, by James Humes
- The Watergate Transcripts, by The Washington Post
- President Lyndon Johnson
- The Passage of Power, by Robert Caro
- The Lyndon Johnson Story, by Booth Mooney
- Tragedy of Lyndon Johnson, by Eric F. Goldman
- A Very Human President (LBJ biography), by Jack Valenti
- Taking Charge: The Johnson White House Tapes, by Michael Beschloss
- President John F. Kennedy
- Profiles In Courage, by John F. Kennedy
- The Rivalry that Shaped Postwar America, by Chris Matthews
- Kennedy, the Classic Biography, by Ted Sorensen
- A Question of Character, A life of JFK, by Thomas Reeves
- A Nation of Immigrants, by John F. Kennedy
- William & Mary Environmental Law Review, by Cameron Lynch