2008 Colorado Senate Debates
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2008 CO Senate Debates (number of quotes indicated):
- Bob Schaffer (9)
- Mark Udall (9)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Budget & Economy|
Bob Schaffer: $700B bailout is dead hand of government making things worse.
Bob Schaffer: Congressí 2007 laws made private sector pay for bailout.
Bob Schaffer: $700 billion bailout is necessary but essentially a tax.
Mark Udall: Financial bailout results from Reagan & Bush GOP policies.
Mark Udall: $700 billion bailout is not good for my constituents.
Mark Udall: No welfare for CEOs in financial bailout.
Bob Schaffer: More competition needed in higher-ed loan-making.
Mark Udall: More money for government-run college aid programs.
Energy & Oil|
Bob Schaffer: Federal government rakes in funds from high energy prices.
Mark Udall: We need comprehensive plan, not just oil & gas development.
Bob Schaffer: Reducing repatriation tax pumps capital into economy.
Mark Udall: Reducing repatriation tax rewards sending jobs overseas.
Bob Schaffer: Opposes sanctuary cities; help local police enforce law.
Mark Udall: Program for illegal immigrants to come out of the shadows.
Bob Schaffer: Cutting taxes increased revenue & unleashed economic growth.
War & Peace|
Bob Schaffer: Surge is working; but it might take years.
Mark Udall: Proposed votes against the declaration of war.
Mark Udall: Surge has helped, but itís time to leave Iraq.
The above quotations are from 2008 Colorado Senate Debates.
Other 2008 Senate debates:
- Interviews with Senate candidates (OnTheIssues SenateMatch series)
- Senior Citizens League Guide (Senate questionnaire on retirement topics)
- Scientists and Engineers for America Guide (Senate questionnaire on science & technology topics)
- Business Industry Political Action Committee (Senate questionnaire on business topics)
- Political Courage Test (Senate questionnaire on general topics)
- Citizens for Global Solutions (Senate questionnaire on international topics)
- This Is Not Florida How Al Franken Won the Minnesota Senate Recount,by Jay Weiner
- The Truth (With Jokes), by Al Franken (2006)
- AK: Sen. Ted Stevens (R, incumbent) vs. Mayor Mark Begich (D)
- AL: Sen. Jeff Sessions (R, incumbent) vs. State Sen. Vivian Figures (D)
- CO: Rep. Mark Udall (D) vs. Rep. Bob Schaeffer (R)
- GA: Georgia Democratic primary debate
- IA: Sen. Tom Harkin (D, incumbent) vs. Christopher Reed (R)
- ID: Gov. Jim Risch (R) vs. Rep. Larry LaRocco (D) vs. Rex Rammell (I)
- IL: Sen. Dick Durbin (D, incumbent) vs. Dr. Steven Sauerberg (R)
- KS: Sen. Pat Roberts (R, incumbent) vs. Rep. Jim Slattery (D)
- KY: Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, incumbent) vs. Bruce Lunsford (D)
- LA: Sen. Mary Landrieu (D, incumbent) vs. John Neely Kennedy (R)
- MA: Sen. John Kerry (D, incumbent) vs. Jeff Beatty (R)
- ME: Sen. Susan Collins (R, incumbent) vs. Rep. Tom Allen (D)
- MN: Sen. Norm Coleman (R, incumbent) vs. Al Franken (D) & Sen. Dean Barkley (I)
- MS: Sen. Roger Wicker (R, incumbent) vs. Gov. Ronnie Musgrove (D)
- NC: Sen. Liddy Dole (R) vs. State Sen. Kay Hagan (D)
- NE: Gov. Mike Johanns (R) vs. Scott Kleeb (D)
- NE: Nebraska's Brand of Change, by Scott Kleeb
- NH: Sen. John Sununu (R, incumbent) vs. Gov. Jeanne Shaheen
- NJ: Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D, incumbent) vs. Rep. Dick Zimmer (R)
- NM: Rep. Steve Pearce (R) vs. Rep. Tom Udall (D)
- OK: Sen. Jim Inhofe (R, incumbent) vs. State Sen. Andrew Rice (D)
- OR: Sen. Gordon Smith (R, incumbent) vs. State Rep. Jeff Merkley (D)
- SD: Sen. Tim Johnson (D, incumbent) vs. Joel Dykstra (R)
- TX: Sen. Jon Cornyn (R, incumbent) vs. Rick Noriega (D)
- VA: Gov. Jim Gilmore (R) and vs. Gov. Mark Warner (D)