Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2008 North Carolina Senate Debate between Elizabeth Dole and Kay Hagan
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2008 NC Senate Debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Elizabeth Dole (9)
- Kay Hagan (10)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Energy & Oil|
Kay Hagan: Opposed offshore drilling until August compromise.
Elizabeth Dole: Release 1/3 of the nationís strategic petroleum reserve.
Kay Hagan: No tax breaks for big oil companies that give us $4 gas.
Kay Hagan: Washington experience means putting special interests first.
Elizabeth Dole: Help sheriffs identify illegal immigrants among suspects.
Kay Hagan: IDíing illegal immigrants is an unfunded federal mandate.
Elizabeth Dole: Crackdown on illegal immigrants who commit crimes.
Kay Hagan: Supports increased border security and opposes amnesty.
Elizabeth Dole: Link local sheriffs to federal immigration tools.
Kay Hagan: Deportation program is an unfunded federal mandate.
Kay Hagan: Lack of immigration system is why we have unsecured border.
Principles & Values|
Elizabeth Dole: Has spent time in all 100 counties while Senator.
Kay Hagan: North Carolina needs a work horse, not a show horse.
Elizabeth Dole: Broad experience in Washington & major-league clout.
Elizabeth Dole: Sales tax, income tax, food tax, liquor tax: itís too much.
War & Peace|
Elizabeth Dole: Precipitous Iraq withdrawal leads to further instability.
Kay Hagan: End the war in Iraq with a diplomatic surge.
Elizabeth Dole: Mistakes were made, but no precipitous withdrawal from Iraq.
Kay Hagan: The Iraq war had not made the U.S. safer.
The above quotations are from 2008 North Carolina Senate Debate between Elizabeth Dole and Kay Hagan.
Other 2008 Senate debates:
- Interviews with Senate candidates (OnTheIssues SenateMatch series)
- Senior Citizens League Guide (Senate questionnaire on retirement topics)
- Scientists and Engineers for America Guide (Senate questionnaire on science & technology topics)
- Business Industry Political Action Committee (Senate questionnaire on business topics)
- Political Courage Test (Senate questionnaire on general topics)
- Citizens for Global Solutions (Senate questionnaire on international topics)
- This Is Not Florida How Al Franken Won the Minnesota Senate Recount,by Jay Weiner
- The Truth (With Jokes), by Al Franken (2006)
- AK: Sen. Ted Stevens (R, incumbent) vs. Mayor Mark Begich (D)
- AL: Sen. Jeff Sessions (R, incumbent) vs. State Sen. Vivian Figures (D)
- CO: Rep. Mark Udall (D) vs. Rep. Bob Schaeffer (R)
- GA: Georgia Democratic primary debate
- IA: Sen. Tom Harkin (D, incumbent) vs. Christopher Reed (R)
- ID: Gov. Jim Risch (R) vs. Rep. Larry LaRocco (D) vs. Rex Rammell (I)
- IL: Sen. Dick Durbin (D, incumbent) vs. Dr. Steven Sauerberg (R)
- KS: Sen. Pat Roberts (R, incumbent) vs. Rep. Jim Slattery (D)
- KY: Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, incumbent) vs. Bruce Lunsford (D)
- LA: Sen. Mary Landrieu (D, incumbent) vs. John Neely Kennedy (R)
- MA: Sen. John Kerry (D, incumbent) vs. Jeff Beatty (R)
- ME: Sen. Susan Collins (R, incumbent) vs. Rep. Tom Allen (D)
- MN: Sen. Norm Coleman (R, incumbent) vs. Al Franken (D) & Sen. Dean Barkley (I)
- MS: Sen. Roger Wicker (R, incumbent) vs. Gov. Ronnie Musgrove (D)
- NC: Sen. Liddy Dole (R) vs. State Sen. Kay Hagan (D)
- NE: Gov. Mike Johanns (R) vs. Scott Kleeb (D)
- NE: Nebraska's Brand of Change, by Scott Kleeb
- NH: Sen. John Sununu (R, incumbent) vs. Gov. Jeanne Shaheen
- NJ: Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D, incumbent) vs. Rep. Dick Zimmer (R)
- NM: Rep. Steve Pearce (R) vs. Rep. Tom Udall (D)
- OK: Sen. Jim Inhofe (R, incumbent) vs. State Sen. Andrew Rice (D)
- OR: Sen. Gordon Smith (R, incumbent) vs. State Rep. Jeff Merkley (D)
- SD: Sen. Tim Johnson (D, incumbent) vs. Joel Dykstra (R)
- TX: Sen. Jon Cornyn (R, incumbent) vs. Rick Noriega (D)
- VA: Gov. Jim Gilmore (R) and vs. Gov. Mark Warner (D)