Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2016 Alaska Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2016 AK Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Cean Stevens (15) Libertarian Senate candidate Alaska
- Joe Miller (7) Challenger and previous Republican Nominee Alaska
- Lisa Murkowski (5) Republican Sr Senator Alaska
- Mark Begich (2) Alaska Democratic candidate for governor
- Ray Metcalfe (4) Democratic candidate for Senate Alaska
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Alaska Senate debates and race coverage:
- Fairbanks Daily News-Miner, "Joe Miller says he's not seriously considering Senate run", by Becky Bohrer, Jan 6, 2016
- KTOO Public Media, "Murkowski votes with Democrats on Planned Parenthood", by Liz Ruskin, September 24, 2015
- Huffington Post, "Murkowski Becomes First GOP Senator To Back Voting Rights Act Restoration", by Samantha Lachman, 9/10/2015
- Politico.com, "Begich's big decision: Challenge Murkowski?", by Manu Raju, 5/6/15
- Alaska Dispatch News, "Cean Stevens answers questions", October 29, 2014
- Newsminer.com, “Evidence supports ‘no’ vote on marijuana” by Lisa Murkowski, Oct 21, 2014
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Joe Miller: Roe v. Wade is judicial activism at its worst.
Lisa Murkowski: Don't cut off all federal funds to Planned Parenthood.
Lisa Murkowski: Don't ban all late-term abortions; exceptions needed.
Joe Miller: Planned Parenthood: end trade in murdered baby parts.
Cean Stevens: Completely pro-life; no government financing.
Budget & Economy|
Cean Stevens: Vote against any future spending above sustainable levels.
Joe Miller: Supreme Court voided the majority on same-sex marriage.
Cean Stevens: More public safety officers & more funding.
Lisa Murkowski: Legalizing recreational marijuana is public health risk.
Cean Stevens: Let all students consider all options.
Cean Stevens: Let parents decide on educational decisions for their kids.
Energy & Oil|
Cean Stevens: Intelligent development of oil & gas for energy security.
Cean Stevens: Feds have violated Alaskan jurisdiction over fish and game.
Cean Stevens: Fight against overreach of natural resource agencies.
Cean Stevens: Individual rights over state's rights.
Lisa Murkowski: Scrutinize states with a history of voting discrimination.
Lisa Murkowski: Opportunity to vote, regardless of where people live.
Mark Begich: Adviser to lobbying firms, but not interested in lobbying.
Cean Stevens: Do not expand Medicaid under ObamaCare.
Cean Stevens: Protect Alaskans from surveillance by NSA spies & drones.
Cean Stevens: Fight for veterans benefits.
Ray Metcalfe: F-35 fighter: the defense project too big to kill.
Joe Miller: End Barack Obama's illegal amnesty.
Principles & Values|
Joe Miller: I am a limited government constitutionalist.
Joe Miller: We created greatest Republic by looking to God for wisdom.
Joe Miller: OpEd: Murkowski should be challenged by a real conservative.
Mark Begich: Created Northern Compass Group: consulting on Alaska issues.
Cean Stevens: I am running to make things happen.
Ray Metcalfe: Don't use religion to justify discrimination.
Ray Metcalfe: Eliminate the cap to pay for expanding program.
Cean Stevens: Business taxes and individual property taxes are too high.
Cean Stevens: Connect communities with road systems; system is inadequate.
War & Peace|
Ray Metcalfe: Bush's Iraq invasion was catalyst that made ISIS possible.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Cean Stevens Libertarian Senate candidate Alaska
- Joe Miller Challenger and previous Republican Nominee Alaska
- Lisa Murkowski Republican Sr Senator Alaska
- Mark Begich Alaska Democratic candidate for governor
- Ray Metcalfe Democratic candidate for Senate Alaska
The above quotations are from 2016 Alaska Senate race: debates and news coverage.