Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2016 Illinois Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2016 IL Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Andrea Zopp (2) Democratic Senate candidate Illinois
- Mark Kirk (11) Republican Jr Senator Illinois
- Napoleon Harris (1) Democratic Senate candidate Illinois
- Tammy Duckworth (6) Democratic Senate candidate Illinois
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Illinois Senate debates and race coverage:
- Marijuana.com, "Key Senate Races for Marijuana Reform," by Tom Angell on June 13th, 2016
- Chicago Tribune, "Harris stumped by questions", by Rick Pearson, Nov 17, 2015
- Roll Call e-zine, "Kirk: I Already Took Care of That", by Alex Gangitano, Oct. 6, 2015
- Chicago Tribune , "Duckworth supports Iran deal", by Katherine Skiba, Sept 9 2015
- MSNBC.com, "Duckworth leads charge for 'lactation rooms' in airports", by Kara Stiles, May 27, 2015
- Huffington Post , "Why You Must Vote", by Andrea L. Zopp, 10/12/2012
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Mark Kirk: Fund Planned Parenthood for non-abortion health services.
Mark Kirk: Deportation to fight rising street gang population.
Mark Kirk: Provide after-school basketball to reduce youth violence.
Mark Kirk: Decriminalize and/or legalize marijuana.
Mark Kirk: No need to increase veterans' access to medical marijuana.
Tammy Duckworth: Protect state marijuana laws from federal interference.
Mark Kirk: Crack down on drug cartels trafficking of illegal weapons.
Energy & Oil|
Mark Kirk: Climate change is real, but no carbon tax.
Tammy Duckworth: Human activity is the major factor driving climate change.
Families & Children|
Tammy Duckworth: Airports should all have 'lactation rooms' for breastfeeding.
Napoleon Harris: Shift focus of foreign aid from Mideast back to the Americas.
Tammy Duckworth: Yes to Ex-im bank; Yes to fast-track.
Andrea Zopp: Voter ID laws are intended to limit the Black vote.
Mark Kirk: Both major-party Senate candidates support gun restrictions.
Mark Kirk: For 2013 shutdown over ObamaCare, but then for compromise.
Mark Kirk: First secure the border; then path to citizenship.
Tammy Duckworth: Longer-term government funding for infrastructure needs.
War & Peace|
Mark Kirk: Ground troops against ISIS only with long-term exit strategy.
Andrea Zopp: Supports the Iran nuclear deal.
Tammy Duckworth: Iran is our enemy, but nuclear deal prevents Iranian nukes.
The above quotations are from 2016 Illinois Senate race: debates and news coverage.