Democrat Debate at the University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH, Jan. 5, 2000
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Democrat Debate at UNH-Durham (number of quotes indicated):
- Al Gore (14)
- Bill Bradley (12)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Al Gore: Policy making should include understanding markets.
Bill Bradley: America’s prosperity must also benefit the poor.
Bill Bradley: Local stewardship works for NH’s White Mountains.
Al Gore: Engage China, but demand respect for human rights.
Bill Bradley: Russia: Missed opportunity to disarm & communicate.
Al Gore: Campaign reform: full public financing, no soft money.
Bill Bradley: Take special interests out of politics by banning soft money.
Al Gore: Maximize gun control within what’s politically possible.
Al Gore: Ban certain guns & “super-trace” all guns.
Bill Bradley: Register & license all 65 million handguns.
Al Gore: Capping Medicaid payments hurts minorities.
Al Gore: The goal of universal health care will take time.
Bill Bradley: Replace Medicaid with competitive system.
Bill Bradley: Invest in Medicare in good economic times.
Al Gore: Limit logging in National Forests but protect way of life.
Principles & Values|
Al Gore: Criticism with defense of Clinton served the public interest.
Al Gore: Respect Constitution and others when affirming faith.
Al Gore: Hard work is the antidote for disillusionment.
Al Gore: Policies, not labels, define me.
Al Gore: Principled stances: against Reagan tax cuts; for Kuwait.
Al Gore: Avoiding all mistakes mean not trying hard enough.
Bill Bradley: Religion is too private for politics.
Bill Bradley: Politics is a means to an end, not the end.
Bill Bradley: America needs a strong leader with concern for others.
Bill Bradley: Mistakes are learning opportunities, even for a president.
Bill Bradley: Not every tax cut is good for America.
The above quotations are from Democrat Debate at the University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH, Jan. 5, 2000.
Related books, debates, and candidates:
- Bill Bradley's main page
- Al Gore's main page
Books by Al Gore:
- Earth in the Balance, by Al Gore
- Inventing Al Gore, by Bill Turque
- Common Sense Government, by Al Gore
- Medicare at a Crossroads, Gore's Health Care Plan
- Gore's 191-page Economic Plan
Books by Bill Bradley:
- The Journey From Here, by Bill Bradley
- Time Present, Time Past, by Bill Bradley
Debates in the Democratic primary, 1999-2000:
- Primary Debate at Dartmouth University
- Democrat Debate in Des Moines, Iowa
- Democrat Debate at UNH-Durham
- Democrat Debate in the Apollo Theater in Harlem
- Democrat Debate in Johnston Iowa
- Democrat debate in Los Angeles, California
- Democrat Debate in Manchester, NH
- Democrat Debate in Nashua NH
- Bradley & McCain discuss Campaign Finance Reform