Democrat Debate in Manchester, New Hampshire, Jan. 26, 2000
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Democrat Debate in Manchester, NH (number of quotes indicated):
- Al Gore (5)
- Bill Bradley (8)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Al Gore: Voted against Medicare-funded abortions; but now supports it.
Al Gore: Right to choose regardless of income.
Bill Bradley: Consistency on issues of principle matters.
Bill Bradley: 400,000 more in Head Start; 2,000 more after-school programs.
Bill Bradley: Supports experimenting, but vouchers are not the answer.
Energy & Oil|
Bill Bradley: Open up Strategic Oil Reserve now, to reduce oil prices.
Al Gore: Chechnya: Keep aid that helps US; cut off aid that helps war.
Bill Bradley: Fought for longer maternity stays; will fight for more.
Al Gore: Stay engaged with Russia over nuclear disarmament.
Bill Bradley: Itís time for a post-Cold War (smaller) defense budget.
War & Peace|
Bill Bradley: Iraq: Isolate Saddam diplomatically; loosen grip on oil.
Welfare & Poverty|
Al Gore: 7M people off welfare: reform has worked.
Bill Bradley: 1M kids lost health insurance:í96 welfare reform didnít work.
The above quotations are from Democrat Debate in Manchester, New Hampshire, Jan. 26, 2000.
Related books, debates, and candidates:
- Bill Bradley's main page
- Al Gore's main page
Books by Al Gore:
- Earth in the Balance, by Al Gore
- Inventing Al Gore, by Bill Turque
- Common Sense Government, by Al Gore
- Medicare at a Crossroads, Gore's Health Care Plan
- Gore's 191-page Economic Plan
Books by Bill Bradley:
- The Journey From Here, by Bill Bradley
- Time Present, Time Past, by Bill Bradley
Debates in the Democratic primary, 1999-2000:
- Primary Debate at Dartmouth University
- Democrat Debate in Des Moines, Iowa
- Democrat Debate at UNH-Durham
- Democrat Debate in the Apollo Theater in Harlem
- Democrat Debate in Johnston Iowa
- Democrat debate in Los Angeles, California
- Democrat Debate in Manchester, NH
- Democrat Debate in Nashua NH
- Bradley & McCain discuss Campaign Finance Reform