Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Kansas Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 KS Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Carl Brewer (6) Kansas Democratic candidate for Governor
- Jeff Colyer (4) Kansas Candidate for Governor
- Kris Kobach (9) Kansas Republican candidate for Kansas Governor
- Ron Estes (1) Republican U.S. Rep Kansas-4
- Sam Brownback (1) Kansas Republican Governor
- Wink Hartman (7) Kansas Republican candidate for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Kansas 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Wichita Eagle (Kansas.com), "Governor of Kansas, not governor of Virginia," by Jonathan Shorman, August 16, 2017
- Leavenworth Times, "Hartman hopes to lead state," by Rimsie McConiga, Aug 11, 2017
- The Wichita Eagle, "Colyer poised to become governor," by Jonathan Shorman July 27, 2017
- Wichita Eagle, "Kobach helps gun planks to GOP platform," by Bryan Lowry, July 13, 2016
- The Hill, "Not enough bourbon in Kentucky to make me release voter data," by Max Greenwood, 6/30/17
- Kansas City Star , "Kobach launches campaign," by Bryan Lowry, June 8, 2017
- The Wichita Eagle, "Lawmakers override Brownback veto of tax increases," by Jonathan Shorman and Daniel Salazar, 6/6/17
- The Kansas City Star Op-ed: "Is Lt. Gov. Jeff Colyer a Sam Brownback clone?" by Steve Rose, May 26, 2017
- Wichita Eagle, "Brewer, Hartman try bipartisan campaigning," by Dion Lefler, April 21, 2017
- The Topeka Capital-Journal, "Brewer Offers Democrats a Choice for Governor," Op-Ed by Bob Beatty, Feb. 26, 2017
- Topeka Capital-Journal, "Colyer endorses opening KanCare meetings to public," by Tim Carpenter, February 20, 2017
- The Kansas City Star, "Former Wichita mayor kicks off campaign", by Bryan Lowry, February 20, 2017
- The Wichita Eagle, "Brewer Promises Community Activist Campaign for Governor," by Dion Lefler, Feb. 20, 2017
- Topeka Capital-Journal, "Wink Hartman running for Kansas governor", by Tim Carpenter, Feb. 16, 2017
- Wichita Eagle (Kansas.com), "Kris Kobach views spark intense reactions," by Bryan Lowry, September 26, 2015
- The Butler County Times-Gazette, "Republican's 'Clean Sweep' Bus Tour," by Julie Clements & Belinda Larsen, Oct. 30, 2014
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Jeff Colyer: Staunchly anti-abortion.
Wink Hartman: Protect life from conception to natural death.
Kris Kobach: Planned Parenthood like Nazi doctor.
Budget & Economy|
Wink Hartman: Run Kansas like a business.
Wink Hartman: Low balanced budget without political gridlock.
Ron Estes: We returned $65 million to Kansans to help grow the economy.
Kris Kobach: End in-state tuition for illegal immigrants.
Wink Hartman: Solemn state responsibility to ensure education resources.
Carl Brewer: Same resources for urban/rural schools as wealthy districts.
Carl Brewer: Community partnerships to clean up polluted Superfund sites.
Families & Children|
Kris Kobach: Gay marriage makes it worse for traditional families.
Kris Kobach: Tighten restrictions on voting.
Kris Kobach: Vice-chair of Presidential Commission on Election Integrity.
Kris Kobach: Fight widespread voter fraud with strict voting laws.
Wink Hartman: Replace dysfunction in Topeka with stability.
Kris Kobach: Opposes restrictions on guns.
Jeff Colyer: Helped privatize Medicaid as KanCare.
Jeff Colyer: Open meetings on KanCare instead of invitation-only.
Carl Brewer: We all deserve health care, even the poor.
Wink Hartman: Medicaid expansion is important, but Kansas can't fund it.
Kris Kobach: Kansas shouldn't be the sanctuary state of the Midwest.
Principles & Values|
Carl Brewer: Bring everyone to the table, across party lines.
Carl Brewer: Hobby is competitive barbecuing: his sauce "Brewer's Best".
Kris Kobach: Keep tax cuts despite state's budget hole.
Sam Brownback: 2012 "march to zero" income tax cuts overturned.
Jeff Colyer: Low taxes & smallest possible government.
Wink Hartman: Simplify the tax-code and promote pro-growth policies.
Welfare & Poverty|
Carl Brewer: Grew up in daily, anxious poverty.
The above quotations are from 2018 Kansas Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)