Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2019 Kentucky Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2019 KY Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Adam Edelen (12) Kentucky Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Alison Grimes (2) Kentucky Democratic candidate for governor
- Andy Beshear (11) Kentucky Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Matt Bevin (8) Kentucky Republican Governor
- Mitch McConnell (1) Republican Sr Senator Kentucky
- Robert Goforth (3) Kentucky Republican challenger for Governor
- Rocky Adkins (5) Kentucky Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Steve Beshear (1) Kentucky Democratic Governor (term-limited 2015)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Kentucky 2019 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Louisville Courier Journal, "Republican moves to allow guns in schools, bars and day cares," by Mandy McLaren, Jan. 9, 2019
- Louisville Courier Journal, "Bevin draws another opponent in Kentucky governor race," by Bill Estep And Jack Brammer, Jan. 08, 2019
- Lexington Herald-Leader, "Adam Edelen launches gubernatorial campaign 'for all Kentucky'," by Daniel Desrochers, January 07, 2019
- Louisville Courier-Journal, "Andy Beshear to fight ACA ruling," by Thomas Novelly, Dec. 17, 2018
- Louisville Courier-Journal, "Matt Bevin calls Kentucky pension ruling an 'unprecedented power grab'," by Thomas Novelly, Dec. 14, 2018
- Louisville Courier-Journal, "Pension ruling hands victory to Beshear over Bevin," by Thomas Novelly, Dec. 14, 2018
- ABC-13-WBKO, "Andy Beshear: 2018 year end interview," by Dalton Godbey, Dec 11, 2018
- Louisville Courier-Journal, "Beshear to lawmakers: Legalize gambling to help fix pension system," by Tom Loftus, Nov. 26, 2018
- Louisville Courier-Journal, "Things To Know about Rocky Adkins," Nov. 14, 2018
- Lexington Herald-Leader, "Father of Alison Lundergan Grimes indicted in campaign finance conspiracy," by Daniel Desrochers and Bill Estep, 5/21/2018
- The Morehead News, "Budget restores money to schools by cigarette, opioid taxes," by Ronnie Ellis, Mar 2, 2018
- The Hill, "Not enough bourbon in Kentucky to make me release voter data," by Max Greenwood, 6/30/17
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Adam Edelen: Kentucky Kick Start: make Main Streets bustling again.
Robert Goforth: As business owner and pharmacists, he's a proven job creator.
Adam Edelen: More beds in Kentucky to treat the scourge of addition.
Andy Beshear: Sue opioid manufacturers & distributors who flood market.
Andy Beshear: Funding for prevention; focus on opioid disposal & treatment.
Adam Edelen: Support teachers with pensions and more in classroom.
Adam Edelen: Don't make schools profit centers for charter corporations.
Adam Edelen: Make college affordable to the children of working families.
Andy Beshear: Committed to a world-class public education.
Rocky Adkins: Protect public education from private, for-profit schools.
Andy Beshear: Don't change teacher pensions to 401(k)-style plan.
Matt Bevin: Legislature should decide teacher pensions, not judges.
Matt Bevin: Proposed school cuts of $128M; legislature restored them.
Andy Beshear: Only legislature can implement charters, not Governor.
Andy Beshear: Only legislature can cut state college budget, not Governor.
Matt Bevin: 2% budget cut to state colleges and universities.
Energy & Oil|
Adam Edelen: Install solar panels on reclaimed surface mines.
Adam Edelen: Climate change is real; renewables key to tomorrow's jobs.
Families & Children|
Matt Bevin: Teachers ignore their kids when they protest for pensions.
Andy Beshear: Prosecute 31 active human trafficking cases in Kentucky.
Adam Edelen: Zero Tolerance: put crooked politicians behind bars.
Adam Edelen: Restore Kentucky Commission on Women; 50% women in Cabinet.
Andy Beshear: State government operates in secret: push for transparency.
Alison Grimes: Presidential Commission on Election Integrity is a sham.
Matt Bevin: Culture of violence, like zombie shows, cause mass shootings.
Matt Bevin: School shootings caused by "culture of death" in media.
Mitch McConnell: Congress cannot fix school shootings; must act locally.
Adam Edelen: Protect ObamaCare and expanded Medicaid.
Rocky Adkins: No one should ever have to delay care to pay bills.
Andy Beshear: Protect ObamaCare: lives hang in the balance.
Rocky Adkins: Survived cancer at age 35, with chemo & surgery.
Adam Edelen: Ensure that Kentucky workers are paid a living wage.
Rocky Adkins: Focus on fair wages for 21st century jobs.
Andy Beshear: Supports state gaming to pay for state pensions.
Matt Bevin: Opposes state gaming to pay for state pensions.
Steve Beshear: 2007: pushed for casino gambling; 2018: son doing same.
Principles & Values|
Robert Goforth: Self-description: Christian; father; veteran; conservative.
Alison Grimes: Father indicted for illegal campaign contributions to Alison.
Andy Beshear: State gaming will cover $43B unfunded state pension plan.
Matt Bevin: More state contribution to $43B unfunded state pension plan.
Adam Edelen: Modernize to new economy including rural broadband internet.
Rocky Adkins: Improve our roads, bridges, water systems, and Internet.
Welfare & Poverty|
Robert Goforth: We cannot ignore the plight of people who need our help.
The above quotations are from 2019 Kentucky Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-19 Governors' book excerpts:
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by Governor Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)