Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2012-2016 gubernatorial press releases
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2012-16 gubernatorial press release (number of quotes indicated):
- Bill Walker (1) Alaska Independent Governor
- Dan Malloy (1) Connecticut Democratic Governor
- Gary Herbert (1) Utah Republican Governor
- Greg Abbott (3) Texas Republican Governor
- John Kasich (4) Ohio Republican Ohio Governor
- Kate Brown (1) Oregon Democratic Governor
- Larry Hogan (13) Maryland Republican Maryland Governor
- Mike Parson (3) Missouri Republican candidate for governor of Missouri
- Phil Bryant (1) Mississippi Republican Governor
- Phil Scott (1) Vermont Republican challenger for Governor
- Scott Walker (1) Wisconsin WI Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Steve Bullock (5) Montana Democratic Montana Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Steve Bullock: Keep Title X funding for reproductive health services.
Steve Bullock: Protect the right to marry any person you love.
Steve Bullock: Still work to be done to ensure gender pay equity.
Larry Hogan: Remove repeat violent offenders from city streets.
Steve Bullock: Less money for prison and more for treatment.
Larry Hogan: Make repeated drunk or drugged driving a felony.
Mike Parson: Rate of opioid deaths decreasing but new ideas are needed.
Larry Hogan: Tougher prosecution of high-level heroin traffickers.
Gary Herbert: More drug testing for unemployment insurance applicants.
Greg Abbott: More drug testing for unemployment insurance applicants.
Phil Bryant: More drug testing for unemployment insurance applicants.
Scott Walker: More drug testing for unemployment insurance applicants.
Larry Hogan: New tools to pursue criminal organizations in drug trade.
Larry Hogan: School corruption: create Office of Education Accountability.
Larry Hogan: Student Debt Relief Act: $7B to make college affordable.
Larry Hogan: P-TECH and ACCESS Initiative: $18.6 million outside-the-box.
Phil Scott: Statewide funding inserts Montpelier into school decisions.
John Kasich: No unfunded mandates for schools.
Energy & Oil|
Greg Abbott: Clean Power Plan is an EPA power grab.
Larry Hogan: Coastal bays program scores "B-", in positive trend.
Steve Bullock: Tackle the threat of invasive species.
Families & Children|
Larry Hogan: Flexible 60 days of paid parental leave after birth of child.
Larry Hogan: Combat human trafficking with harsher punishments.
Mike Parson: European trip to promote trade & investment in Missouri.
Bill Walker: Avoid an unnecessary trade war with China.
Greg Abbott: Expand Texas' robust trade relationship with Canada.
Kate Brown: International trade supports a half million Oregon jobs.
Larry Hogan: Tougher sentences for people who commit crimes with a gun.
Larry Hogan: Maryland Model: total cost of care all-payer model.
Mike Parson: Supports all legal immigrants, wants enforced border control.
Dan Malloy: Muslim ban harkens back to darkest times in our history.
Larry Hogan: Hire a Veteran program: state agency workforce assistance.
John Kasich: Create "cyber-range" for cybersecurity training.
John Kasich: Fund highways now; self-driving cars and drones later.
John Kasich: Catch up on local public construction with 31,000 jobs.
The above quotations are from 2012-2016 gubernatorial press releases.
Autobiographies and Biographies of Governors:
- What A Party!, by gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D, VA)
- The Last Line of Defense, by gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R, VA)
- Chris Christie: The Inside Story of His Rise to Power, by Bob Ingle and Michael Symons
- Can`t is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley, April 2012
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King, Oct. 2010
- The Governator, by Ian Halperin (about Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, R-CA), Aug. 2011
- A Governor`s Story, by Jennifer Granholm (D-MI), Oct, 2005
- The Agenda for America, by Gov. Haley Barbour (R, MS), April 1996
- Blue Man in a Red State, by Greg Lemon, (about Gov. Brian Schweitzer, D, MT), June 2008
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R, AZ), Nov. 2011
- Crossroads: The Future of American Politics, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D, NY), Oct. 2003
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D, MA), April 2011
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Lincoln Chafee (I, RI), April 2008
- Teachers Under Attack, by Mike Spina, about Gov. Chris Christie (R, NJ), Feb. 2011
Press Releases etc. from Governors, Mayors, and Justices:
- Gubernatorial Press Releases, 2016-2019
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2013
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2012
- Gubernatorial Press Releases, 2011
- Gubernatorial Press Releases, 2010
- Gubernatorial Press Releases, 2001-2009
- Mayoral Press Releases, 2011
- Senatorial Press Releases, 2010's
- Gubernatorial Campaign websites, 2010-2011
- Mayoral Campaign websites, 2011
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2011
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2010
- Mayorial State of the City speeches, 2007-2011
- Gubernatorial Campaign websites, 2010
- Gubernatorial Campaign websites, 2001-2009
- My Grandfather's Son, by Justice Clarence Thomas, Oct. 2008
Page last edited: Jul 03, 2019