Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2016 Vermont Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2016 VT Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Patrick Leahy (5) Democratic Sr Senator Vermont
- Scott Milne (17) Democratic Challenger for VT Senator Vermont
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Vermont Senate debates and race coverage:
- Church & State Magazine, AU.org, "Do No Harm Act Introduced In Senate," by Rokia Hassanein, July/August 2018
- VPR.net, "Scott Milne Returns To His Hometown To Officially Launch His Senate Campaign", by Peter Hirschfeld, September 9th, 2016
- iSideWith.com, "Vermont Voter Guide", downloaded Sept. 9, 2016
- WPTZ-TV NBC-5, "Milne enters U.S. Senate race," May 26, 2016
- SevenDaysVT.com, "Vermont Once an EB-5 Fan, Milne Criticizes Leahy for 'Mismanaging' Program ", by Paul Heintz, May 9th, 2016
- MyChamplainValley.com, "Leahy's USA FREEDOM Act Passes U.S. House", 5/13/2015
- Burlington Free Press, "Milne: A complicated candidate," by Terri Hallenbeck, October 28, 2014
- VTDigger.org, "Vermont Right to Life endorses Lt. Gov. Phil Scott, declines to back a gubernatorial candidate", by Anne Galloway, August 26th, 2014
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Scott Milne: Pro-life; and no free birth control.
Scott Milne: Pro-choice but exact positions are unknown.
Scott Milne: Opposes affirmative action.
Scott Milne: Supported civil unions in 2000.
Patrick Leahy: Amend Constitutional to declare corporations are NOT people.
Scott Milne: Supports the death penalty.
Scott Milne: Does not support the legalization of marijuana.
Scott Milne: Pass tougher drug laws instead of decriminalizing.
Scott Milne: Rethink how government funds education.
Energy & Oil|
Patrick Leahy: Human-caused climate change is accelerating.
Scott Milne: Lake Champlain is a natural treasure we must preserve.
Scott Milne: US out of the UN, and UN out of the US.
Scott Milne: Washington gridlock results from too-long incumbency.
Scott Milne: Rated 50% by Gun Owners of Vermont.
Scott Milne: Promises of cost savings are likely a pipe dream.
Patrick Leahy: End the NSA's bulk collection program.
Scott Milne: No immigrant benefits; no DREAMers; no amnesty.
Scott Milne: Opposed to the EB-5 program due to poor regulation in VT.
Patrick Leahy: Raise minimum wage & eliminate gender pay gap.
Scott Milne: Focus on creating new jobs by changing Vermont's reputation.
Principles & Values|
Patrick Leahy: Co-sponsored Do No Harm Act: keep church and state separate.
Scott Milne: Cap the state-wide property tax in first two weeks.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Patrick Leahy Democratic Sr Senator Vermont
- Scott Milne Democratic Challenger for VT Senator Vermont
The above quotations are from 2016 Vermont Senate race: debates and news coverage.