Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
CBS "Face the Nation" interviews during 2019
(Margaret Brennan interviewing candidates for 2019-20 races)
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from CBS "Face the Nation" interviews during 2019 (number of quotes indicated):
- Amy Klobuchar (5) Minnesota Democratic candidate for President; Minnesota Senator
- Bernie Sanders (1) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Beto O`Rourke (7) Texas Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from TX
- Cory Booker (2) New Jersey Mayor of Newark; N.J. Senator
- Doug Jones (1) Democratic candidate for Alabama U.S. Senator Alabama
- Elizabeth Warren (1) Massachusetts Senator
- Eric Swalwell (1) California Presidential candidate (withdrawn); U.S. Rep from CA-15
- Jay Inslee (1) Washington Democratic Washington Governor
- John Hickenlooper (1) Colorado Democratic Colorado Governor
- Julian Castro (2) Texas Mayor of San Antonio; HUD Secretary
- Kamala Harris (2) California Democratic candidate for President; California Senator
- Kirsten Gillibrand (4) New York Democratic candidate for President; New York Senator
- Larry Kudlow (1) Connecticut Council of Economic Advisers
- Michael Bennet (2) Colorado Democratic candidate for President; Colorado Senator
- Mike Pence (2) Indiana Republican Vice President
- Mike Pompeo (1) Kansas Secretary of State
- Pete Buttigieg (4) Indiana Democratic candidate for President; Mayor of South Bend, IN
- Rick Scott (1) Florida Republican Governor
- Steve Bullock (2) Montana Democratic Montana Governor
- Tim Ryan (1) Ohio Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from OH-13
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
A long-standing political tradition is the Sunday morning talk show,
beginning with "Meet the Press" in 1947.
Currently, five separate "talking head" programs appear on five different TV stations every Sunday morning.
OnTheIssues.org excerpts all five of the shows, listed below, with their respective interviewing pundits and each pundit's political affiliation:
- ABC This Week: (Martha Raddatz & George Stephanopoulos; liberal; from Bill Clinton's staff)
- CNN "State of the Union": (Jake Tapper and Dana Bash; moderate liberal)
- Fox News Sunday: (Chris Wallace and Bret Baier; conservative)
- Meet the Press: (Chuck Todd; moderate)
- CBS Face the Nation: (Margaret Brennan and John Dickerson; moderate)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Amy Klobuchar: Against criminalizing abortion & imprisoning doctors.
Amy Klobuchar: Repeal Hyde Amendment; fund Planned Parenthood.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Democratic candidates must support reproductive freedom.
Budget & Economy|
Beto O`Rourke: Farmers want markets, not subsidies.
Doug Jones: We should be encouraging voting, not making it harder.
Elizabeth Warren: Use anti-trust to break up anti-competitive businesses.
John Hickenlooper: Market must allow entry to new businesses.
Julian Castro: Top earners & corporations must pay fair share.
Beto O`Rourke: Would talk to North Korea, but only if it gets results.
Kamala Harris: We need to get back into Iran nuclear deal.
Mike Pence: No nukes for Iran; support Iranians but not government.
Pete Buttigieg: US foreign policy should be based on American values.
Amy Klobuchar: China trade problems are real; use allies, not broad tariffs.
Larry Kudlow: Farmers are patriots, assisting during trade war with China.
Steve Bullock: Tariffs hurt farmers; let's work to open up markets.
Michael Bennet: Chinese trade practices unfair, but tariffs not the answer.
Pete Buttigieg: Prosecution for obstruction shouldn't be president's call.
Steve Bullock: Elections should be decided by people, not corporations.
Michael Bennet: Congress must investigate Russian election tampering.
Amy Klobuchar: Provide immediate health care for undocumented immigrants.
Cory Booker: Public option is first step, negotiate lower drug prices.
Rick Scott: Enact law so drug prices in US aren't higher than Europe.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Provide a public option to get to universal coverage.
Pete Buttigieg: Must not allow foreign powers to interfere in elections.
Eric Swalwell: Russian attack on 2016 elections must be taken seriously.
Beto O`Rourke: Keep asylum laws; let refugees apply from home countries.
Beto O`Rourke: End family separation; rewrite law from ground up.
Mike Pence: Conditions at borders is fault of Democrats in Congress.
Beto O`Rourke: Those seeking asylum pose no threat.
Kirsten Gillibrand: For border security, but don't harm asylum seekers.
Cory Booker: Intervene in refugees' home countries; reform asylum process.
Jay Inslee: Illegal immigration not a national emergency.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Pathway to citizenship for DREAMers.
Julian Castro: Compassion for refugees, pathway for those here.
Tim Ryan: Public/private partnership to rebuild manufacturing base.
Principles & Values|
Kamala Harris: Words matter; leaders cannot be ignorant of history of race.
War & Peace|
Amy Klobuchar: Talking to enemies good if there's results; Trump has none.
Bernie Sanders: No support of Saudis against Iran; it's a never-ending war.
Mike Pompeo: Sanctions & withdrawal from deal will change Iran behavior.
Pete Buttigieg: Restore Iran deal; work with allies in Europe and the region.
Beto O`Rourke: End war in Afghanistan; even work with Taliban.
Beto O`Rourke: Default should be to pursue peace, not war.
The above quotations are from CBS "Face the Nation" interviews during 2019
(Margaret Brennan interviewing candidates for 2019-20 races).