Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2024 Delaware Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2024 DE Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Bethany Hall-Long (17)
- John Carney (3) Delaware Democratic candidate for Governor
- Matt Meyer (15)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Delaware 2024 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- WMDT ABC-TV-47, "Lt. Governor Bethany Hall-Long launches bid for Governor with a focus on Delaware's working class," by Rob Petree, September 12, 2023, (Link)
- Lt. Gov. Press Release: "Lt. Governor Bethany Hall-Long Issues Call to Action for Reproductive Freedom on Anniversary of Dobbs Decision," June 23, 2023, (Link)
- Delaware Public Media, "Matt Meyer launches his bid for Governor," by Tom Byrne & Joe Irizarry, June 6, 2023, (Link)
- Delaware Business Times, "NCC Exec. Meyer announces run for governor," by Jacob Owens, June 6, 2023, (Link)
- Town Square Delaware, "New Castle County OKs $331.4M budget, lowers property tax," by Sam Haut, May 26, 2023, (Link)
- WDEL 1150 AM, "We've reached the mountaintop: reaction as marijuana bills become law," by Mark Fowser, Apr 21, 2023, (Link)
- Delaware Public Media, "New Castle County Executive Matt Meyer delivers 2024 budget address, proposes 5% residential property tax credit," by Rachel Sawicki, March 28, 2023, (Link)
- Wilmington News Journal (Delaware Online), "We must make foreign policy work for the people of Delaware," by Matt Meyer and Carla Stone, Feb. 10, 2023, (Link)
- WHYY, "Delaware proclamation aims to 'shine a light' on dangers of antisemitism," by Johnny Perez-Gonzalez, December 21, 2022, (Link)
- Delaware Public Media, "The new Center for Diversity, Inclusion & Social Equity opens," by Quinn Kirkpatrick, December 14, 2022, (Link)
- Twitter @bethanyhalllong, "Dr. Bethany Hall-Long," July 1, 2022, (Link)
- 2024_DE_Gov: Delaware News Journal, "Breaking from Carney, Delaware lieutenant governor says she supports marijuana legalization," by Meredith Newman, May 26, 2022, (Link)
- Town Square Live, "Carney calls up National Guard to staff state home for disabled," by Betsy Price, May 23, 2022, (Link)
- WITN-22-News, "Lt. Governor Bethany Hall-Long...and the Delaware Council on Faith Based Leadership Collect Essential Supplies to aid Ukraine," May 18, 2022, (Link)
- WDEL 1150 AM, "100% disabled vets in New Castle County no longer have to pay property taxes," by DJ McAneny, May 12, 2022, (Link)
- Facebook posting by Governor John Carney (D-DE), June 4, 2021, (Link)
- Delaware Business Times, "In the C-Suite: Matt Meyer, New Castle County Executive," by Jacob Owens, December 7, 2020, (Link)
- WDEL News, "Meyer is subject of ethics complaint filed by NCC police officer who sent 'offensive' email," by Amy Cherry, Aug 5, 2020, (Link)
- WHYY (NPR), "Delaware's only Muslim cemetery can resume burials after cease-and-desist order lifted," by Zoe Read, March 4, 2020, (Link)
- WHYY, "Delaware leaders pledge their openness to refugees, asylum-seekers," by Mark Eichmann, December 19, 2019, (Link)
- Delaware Business Times, "Seven Questions with Matt Meyer: 'We will manage. And we will thrive'," December 9, 2019, (Link)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Bethany Hall-Long: Attacks on reproductive justice are a threat to all of us.
Budget & Economy|
Matt Meyer: Increased reserves means we can invest without tax increase.
Bethany Hall-Long: ARPA funding for housing projects are critical investments.
John Carney: Proclaims Pride Month, action plan for LGBTQ+ equality.
Matt Meyer: LGBT intolerance has no place within our government.
Matt Meyer: There are workplaces where race is still a major issue.
Bethany Hall-Long: Important to address all persons' inclusivity and rights.
Matt Meyer: Address social, economic circumstances that can drive crime.
Matt Meyer: Celebrate impending end to marijuana prohibition in Delaware.
Bethany Hall-Long: Led efforts to distribute opioid reversal drug Narcan.
Bethany Hall-Long: Voted for both medical marijuana and decriminalization.
Bethany Hall-Long: Broke with governor to support marijuana legalization.
Matt Meyer: Would be first teacher to be governor in state's modern era.
Bethany Hall-Long: Co-chaired the Delaware Early Leaning Advisory Committee.
Energy & Oil|
Matt Meyer: Bold environmental agenda of expanding renewable energy.
Matt Meyer: Concerned federal government not protecting us against harm.
Families & Children|
Bethany Hall-Long: Led fight for state's paid family and medical leave program.
Matt Meyer: U.S. engagement on the global stage is essential.
Bethany Hall-Long: Critical to supply people of Ukraine after Russia assault.
Matt Meyer: International trade supported over 20% of Delaware jobs.
Bethany Hall-Long: Weapons like the AR-15 have no place in our communities.
Bethany Hall-Long: Worked with state legislature to pass assault weapons ban.
Matt Meyer: Problems with access to quality doctors & equity in outcomes.
Bethany Hall-Long: Created Delaware's first Behavioral Health Consortium.
John Carney: Deployed National Guard at home for disabled during COVID.
Matt Meyer: Eliminate property tax for 100% disabled veterans.
Matt Meyer: We will welcome them because refugees make us stronger.
Bethany Hall-Long: Supports clear path to citizenship for undocumented aliens.
Bethany Hall-Long: Worked to grow the ranks of women in the STEM field.
Bethany Hall-Long: A card-carrying union member at University of Delaware.
Bethany Hall-Long: Stress the need for more diversity in healthcare.
Principles & Values|
John Carney: Our tremendous diversity is part of our great strength.
Matt Meyer: Lifts order blocking Muslim burial for humanitarian reasons.
Bethany Hall-Long: To whom much is given, much is expected.
Matt Meyer: Cut property tax but not enough to cut government services.
The above quotations are from 2024 Delaware Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Next election in 2024; previous election candidates:
2020 Delaware Gubernatorial debate
David Lamar Williams(D)
Former gubernatorial races:
2016 Delaware Gubernatorial debates: