Pat McCrory on Principles & Values
When you try to appease everyone, you satisfy no one
Tonight, you will hear a sobering assessment of our state, but also some recommended actions that will get our economy and state moving again. I already know that during my short tenure here,
I've already stepped on some toes on both the left and the right. I am not doing it to cause pain, but to get us to stand up and recognize that we must solve our serious problems now to prevent pain for future generations.
That's why we're here tonight.
But one thing I've learned, I learned during my fourteen years as a mayor, when you try to appease everyone, you satisfy no one.
What motivates me every morning, when I'm so privileged to get up here in Raleigh as your governor, is the opportunity to be part of long term solutions.
Source: 2013 North Carolina State of the State Address
, Feb 18, 2013
Fix our broken economy with new vision and leadership
Pat McCrory's Principles for Fixing North Carolina's Broken Economy
Source: N.C. Governor 2012 campaign website, patmccrory.com
, Nov 6, 2012
- Fix Our Broken Economy With New Vision and Leadership
- Make Government More Responsive to Business
- Modernize the Tax Code to Spur Job Creation, Productivity and Innovation
- Unleash North Carolina's Energy Resources to Help Power Our Economy
- Create a Long-Term Vision for Transportation & Infrastructure to Support Economic Growth
- Reform Education to Create a Workforce for the Future
Page last updated: Jul 23, 2017