Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Almanac of American Politics, by Grant Ujifusa and Michael Barone
(Click for Amazon book review)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Almanac of American Politics (number of quotes indicated):
- Asa Hutchinson (2) Arkansas Republican Governor
- Bill Walker (1) Alaska Independent Governor
- Bradley Byrne (2) Republican 2020 Senate Challenger Alabama
- Dan Sullivan (1) Republican Senator Alaska
- Doug Ducey (1) Arizona Republican Governor
- Gary Palmer (1) Republican House Member U.S. Rep Alabama- 6
- George Pataki (4) New York Republican presidential candidate
- George Ryan (3) Illinois Former Republican Governor (1999-2002)
- Gray Davis (5) California Former Democratic
- Jeb Bush (5) Florida Former FL Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- John Boozman (1) Republican Jr Senator Arkansas
- Joseph Lieberman (6) Democrat
- Kyrsten Sinema (2) Democratic candidate for Arizona U.S. Senator Arizona
- Larry Hogan (3) Maryland Republican Maryland Governor
- Martha McSally (1) Republican appointee for Arizona U.S. Senator Arizona
- Martha Roby (1) Republican U.S. Rep Alabama-2
- Mo Brooks (2) Republican U.S. Rep Alabama-5
- Robert Bentley (1) Alabama Republican Governor
- Ruben Gallego (2) Democratic House Member U.S. Rep Arizona- 7
- Terri Sewell (1) Democrat U.S. Rep Alabama-7
- Tim Hutchinson (1) Former Republican Sr Senator (until 2002) Arkansas
- Tom Cotton (1) Republican Senator Arkansas
- Tom Ridge (9) Pennsylvania Former Republican Governor (1995-2001); DHS Cabinet Sec'y
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles from The Almanac of American Politics:
- Numerous Senate/Governor candidates for 2018-2020 races, from Almanac of American Politics (115th Congress edition), Nov. 1, 2016
- (On Joseph Lieberman): Almanac of American Politics 2000 (Barone & Ujifusa), 1/1/2000
- (On George Pataki): National Journal, the Almanac of American Politics, 7/6/2000
- (On Gray Davis): National Journal, the Almanac of American Politics, 2/11/2000
- (On Tom Ridge): National Journal, the Almanac of American Politics, 1/28/2000
- (On Jeb Bush): National Journal, the Almanac of American Politics, 1/28/2000
- (On George Ryan): National Journal, the Almanac of American Politics, 11/11/1999
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Bill Walker: Pro-life but Lt. Gov. running mate was pro-choice.
Tom Ridge: Pro-choice.
Budget & Economy|
Gary Palmer: Downsize government rather than using Alabama gas Trust Fund.
Mo Brooks: 2010: Trend towards socialism will bankrupt America.
George Pataki: Cut taxes & cut spending.
Asa Hutchinson: Forced moderate version of business "religious freedom" bill.
Martha Roby: Organized 50th anniversary of Selma Pettus Bridge march.
Mo Brooks: 2014: Democrats wage war on whites.
Terri Sewell: Organized 50th anniversary of Selma Pettus Bridge march.
Gray Davis: Support flag burning amendment; oppose gay marriage.
George Ryan: Supports gay rights & some riverboat gambling.
Ruben Gallego: Recall Sheriff Joe Arpaio for racial profiling.
George Pataki: Instituted death penalty in NY.
Gray Davis: Supports capital punishment.
Jeb Bush: Fewer death-row appeals; faster executions.
Jeb Bush: Longer prison terms for gun-toting criminals.
Tom Ridge: Supports victimís rights & death penalty.
Gray Davis: Balanced education reform with teachersí unions.
Gray Davis: Supports EdFlex; more money for higher grades.
Jeb Bush: Instituted school voucher plan.
Tom Ridge: More standards, and make them clear.
Tom Ridge: More charters; push for school choice.
Energy & Oil|
Joseph Lieberman: Kyoto Protocol should include China.
Larry Hogan: Rolled back "rain tax" that reduced Chesapeake Bay pollution.
Gray Davis: Phase out environmental gasoline additives.
Tom Ridge: Changed rules & got 350 polluted industrial sites cleaned up.
Kyrsten Sinema: Opposed trade with Malaysia: they imprison LGBT people.
George Ryan: Long-time supporter of gun control; more criminal penalties.
Bradley Byrne: Prepare alternative plans to ObamaCare.
Larry Hogan: Beat cancer with chemotherapy while in office.
Joseph Lieberman: Limited lawsuits against HMOs and automakers.
Bradley Byrne: Push for Littoral Combat Ships, built in Mobile.
Dan Sullivan: Expect a protracted war against ISIS.
Martha McSally: Allow servicewomen to avoid body coverings in Saudi Arabia.
John Boozman: Pushed 16-hour trucker day; withdrew "sweatshop on wheels".
Principles & Values|
Asa Hutchinson: Parents operated a Christian radio station and school.
Doug Ducey: Entrepreneur and "conservative ice cream guy".
Kyrsten Sinema: Took oath of office on Constitution, not Bible.
Ruben Gallego: Changed name in 2008 to add mother's surname.
Tim Hutchinson: Parents operated a Christian radio station and school.
Joseph Lieberman: Senate status: influential & non-partisan.
Joseph Lieberman: Rebuked Clinton for Monica; but against impeachment.
George Ryan: Instinct for centrism.
Larry Hogan: My predecessors imposed 40 tax increases over 8 years.
Robert Bentley: Freeze property taxes for homeowners.
George Pataki: Phase out estate and gift taxes.
Jeb Bush: Voter approval of tax increases; cut taxes by $1B.
Tom Ridge: Cut taxes as governor by $2.6B.
Tom Ridge: 60% legislative supermajority for raising taxes.
Tom Ridge: End computer service tax; start R&D tax credit.
War & Peace|
Tom Cotton: Authored deal requiring Congress' input on Iran nuke deal.
Joseph Lieberman: Supported NATO expansion; arms to Israel & Saudis.
Welfare & Poverty|
George Pataki: Four-year limit for full welfare benefits.
Jeb Bush: Replace AFDC with limited temporary assistance.
Tom Ridge: Able-bodied welfare recipients must work 100 hours a month.
Joseph Lieberman: Supported 1996 welfare reform.
The above quotations are from Almanac of American Politics, by Grant Ujifusa and Michael Barone.