Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Slate.com centrist opinion and analysis website
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Slate.com (number of quotes indicated):
- Brian Kemp (1) Georgia Republican candidate for Governor
- Jeb Bush (3) Florida Former FL Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Jill Stein (4) Green Challenger
- Joe Walsh (1) Illinois Republican presidential primary challenger
- John Bohlinger (1) Democratic Senate Challenger Montana
- John Kasich (1) Ohio Republican Ohio Governor
- John Roberts (11) Republican Appointee to Supreme Court
- Joni Ernst (1) Republican Jr Senator Iowa
- Lupe Valdez (1) Texas Democratic candidate for governor of Texas
- Matt Bevin (1) Kentucky Republican Governor
- Rand Paul (1) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Sharron Angle (1) Republican Senate Challenger Nevada
- Ted Cruz (1) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles in Slate magazine:
- "Warren's criminal justice reform plan takes aim at both Joe Biden & Kamala Harris," by Matthew Rozsa, 8/21/19
- "Watch Andrew Yang Break Down in Tears While Discussing Gun Violence," by Daniel Politi, Aug 11, 2019
- "The Education of Andrew Yang," by Aaron Mak, June 25, 2019
- "GOP Rep Says 'Technology and Science' Make Abortion Exceptions Moot," by JEFFREY BLOOMER , OCT 19, 2012
- More citations to follow....
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Lupe Valdez: Endorsed by Planned Parenthood.
John Roberts: Prohibit family-planning programs from giving abortion info.
John Roberts: Ok for Operation Rescue to target abortion clinics.
John Roberts: Roe v. Wade is settled law.
John Roberts: Doctors who get federal fund may not mention abortion.
John Roberts: No paper trail as a judge on gay rights issues.
John Roberts: Ok for religious groups to meet at schools.
John Roberts: Opposed simplifying complaints against voting rights.
John Roberts: Weaken the separation of church and state.
John Roberts: Ok to search cars without particular evidence in mind.
Jeb Bush: Advocate for Common Core education standards.
John Roberts: No lawsuits to prevent mining on federal land.
John Roberts: Species within one state not protected by federal law.
Families & Children|
John Kasich: De-fund all family planning centers that discuss abortion.
Jill Stein: Syria invited Russia into war; don't threaten no-fly zone.
Matt Bevin: No unilateral action in Eastern Europe.
Brian Kemp: Respect the 2nd Amendment if you want to date my daughter.
Joe Walsh: Purpose of Second Amendment is protection against tyranny.
Joni Ernst: Purpose of Second Amendment is protection against tyranny.
Sharron Angle: Purpose of Second Amendment is protection against tyranny.
Ted Cruz: Purpose of Second Amendment is protection against tyranny.
John Bohlinger: Strong advocate of a single-payer system like Medicare.
Jill Stein: Don't take sides in Yemen; arms embargo instead.
Jill Stein: Warsaw Pact ended NATO's reason to exist, then NATO expanded.
Jeb Bush: Advocate for residency for illegal immigrants.
Principles & Values|
Rand Paul: Under KY law,can't run for Senate & President on same ballot.
Jeb Bush: No pledge on taxes; trade-offs on taxes means leadership.
War & Peace|
Jill Stein: End policy of regime-change and military intervention.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Brian Kemp Georgia Republican candidate for Governor
- Jeb Bush Florida Former FL Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Jill Stein Green Challenger
- Joe Walsh Illinois Republican presidential primary challenger
- John Bohlinger Democratic Senate Challenger Montana
- John Kasich Ohio Republican Ohio Governor
- John Roberts Republican Appointee to Supreme Court
- Joni Ernst Republican Jr Senator Iowa
- Lupe Valdez Texas Democratic candidate for governor of Texas
- Matt Bevin Kentucky Republican Governor
- Rand Paul Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Sharron Angle Republican Senate Challenger Nevada
- Ted Cruz Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
The above quotations are from Slate.com centrist opinion and analysis website.